Article on Mavuta

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Article on Mavuta

Post by sloandog »

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/ ... we-cricket

Nice easy read, and I agree with every aspect. Looks to be a real find with the ball. Countries like Australia and Sri Lanka would love to have a legspinner as exciting as this kid.

He's correct about what he says about the RS squad as well. After such a short period of time, the initiative really has produced a few little gems. It's areal shame that it isn't being continued, as we have managed to hold on to TJS, Roche, Harrison, Matigmu etc.

TapsC

Re: Article on Mavuta

Post by TapsC »

that sense of belief. We need that. We need the belief back. Its so sad when you realize that sense of belief might not come back until the old guard are gone.

The rising stars did find a lot of gems. We cant deny that. I think half of them have played for the national team now.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Article on Mavuta

Post by sloandog »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:23 pm
that sense of belief. We need that. We need the belief back. Its so sad when you realize that sense of belief might not come back until the old guard are gone.

The rising stars did find a lot of gems. We cant deny that. I think half of them have played for the national team now.
Just a few more seasons of the rising starts would have given an interest and (more importantly) a pathway for lads like Frost, Ives, Harrison, King, Evans (serious bowler, nasty bastard on the pitch) Shumba, Madhevere etc into the FC system and then the national side.