Ross Mills (Peterhouse) scores 212

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Ross Mills (Peterhouse) scores 212

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:40 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:36 am
i did take out a NSW under -9s leg stump with a swinger that swing from outside off though.

Again I’ll stress I am nothing special
Maybe they don't teach forward defence until Year 5?
LOL
Under 19s*
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Re: Ross Mills (Peterhouse) scores 212

Post by Googly »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:14 am
High standard or not, at 15 to be scoring a double century is something. It may be a one off, but what is being done to address two things.

1) If this kid actually has talent, who is going to look after him and ensure he goes through the proper systems so he can develop as a national player and not defect
2) If the standard is as low as everyone wants to say, what is being done to rectify it

Kids at this age should already be starting to be looked at for domestic sides. No more recycling of the same of has beens. Time to blood the youth. Give them the facilities and the infrastructure. Nurture them and give the right coaching and the right administration.
This boy is at Peter House, they have the best facilities in the country. I haven’t seen him play so I can’t comment. 19 six’s tells you the bowling was iffy and probably quite a small boundary. I don’t want to rain on his parade though, that’s a great knock. ZC have traditionally never liked Peter House and I’ve seen some good kids overlooked over the years. PH published their results last week and they won almost all their games at all age groups.
Fantastic for PH and a great reflection on what they’ve got going on there. It’s run by Ian Tinker who was chased out of age group cricket in ZC. :lol:
The other schools are now way behind, particularly the government schools, PH have set the bar high by Zim standards. ZC will have no choice but to continue not picking PH pupils :lol: