SRC Board dissolved

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jontym87
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

SRC Board dissolved

Post by jontym87 »

Remember I told you the ZC board is going to be dissolved a few weeks ago. The wheels of change are now in motion.

Toda, the Ed Siwela led SRC board has been removed with immediate effect following meeting with Perm Sec in the Youth, Sports, Arts and Recreation ministry.

All business to do with SRC has been decamped to Minister Hon Coventry's office via Dr.Thokozile Chitepo, the Perm Sec. The outstanding Zifa and Zimbabwe Cricket sagas forced the latest move as the minister sort to clean our sport that had been captured by toxic forces.

Siwela, Lilian Mbayiwa, John Falkenburg, Keith Goddard, Clemence Mukwasi, Titus Zvomuya, Nicholas Vingirai and Joseph Mungwari were members of the SRC board chosen by former minister Makhosini Hlongwane in 2016. Joseph Muchechetere, the Acting Director General is ex oficio member.

Chabvondoka.......
Professional troll feeder since 2011 :P

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: SRC Board dissolved

Post by sloandog »

I don't understand

Googly

Post by Googly »

In a nutshell-
When we had sporting disciplines run independently effectively and efficiently it became imperative to meddle and fuck everything up. It was set up to control sport under one umbrella (although that’s what we all thought the ministry was for) to decide who was picked for national sides, if and when they could tour etc etc.
it was a noble idea for about a week before they flexed their muscles and became a hand stand for the next couple of decades and they’ve had a hand in messing up rugby, cricket, hockey, soccer, tennis, etc etc, If something works then it must be able to surely support another organization and several hundred more freeloaders. :lol:
They’re extremely powerful but don’t have access to too much money. Sporting disciplines are obliged to pay subs and I think they also get government funding. Im doubtful that they’ve only managed to liberate a couple of million. :lol: and I’m sure if they dig deeper they’ll discover a few more million that have gone astray. Usually no one can cast that first stone because everyone has a skeleton. Minister Coventry is in a unique position in that she has a clean slate and she could make people sweat.
What will be interesting is if it’s binned entirely or they replace the personnel or they create a slightly different animal.
SRC were supposed to be investigating soccer irregularities until the Zifa boss turned the tables and had them investigated instead, so we know who’s is bigger in that little bun fight.
It’s a bold move by Minister Coventry and people will be be fidgeting and that paper shredder will be getting a turbo fitted.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

All business to do with SRC has been decamped to Minister Hon Coventry's office via Dr.Thokozile Chitepo, the Perm Sec. The outstanding Zifa and Zimbabwe Cricket sagas forced the latest move as the minister sort to clean our sport that had been captured by toxic forces.

Siwela, Lilian Mbayiwa, John Falkenburg, Keith Goddard, Clemence Mukwasi, Titus Zvomuya, Nicholas Vingirai and Joseph Mungwari were members of the SRC board chosen by former minister Makhosini Hlongwane in 2016. Joseph Muchechetere, the Acting Director General is ex oficio member.

Chabvondoka.......
[/quote]

I think true athletes & better administrators would be appointed .... Alistair Campbell, or a cricket personal, A soccer great footballer & a well known Managerial experience person will be appointed ...
Good for K Coventry

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Mueddie28 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:04 am

I think true athletes & better administrators would be appointed .... Alistair Campbell, or a cricket personal, A soccer great footballer & a well known Managerial experience person will be appointed ...
Good for K Coventry
Nah, Campbell had his opportunity. Time to start thinking new and no longer going back to the old. Coventry better not stuff this up.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I wonder if anyone from Bulawayo can clarify-
They had that Spar T20 tournament in Byo, now I’m hearing ZC have started a rival tournament? Please tell me that’s not true.

matland
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by matland »

Its true Googly
Check out Tuskers twitter page
the finals today,Queens vs Emakhendeni
Its been a 50 over round robin at BAC

Googly

Post by Googly »

You see they don’t want any independent cricket. They want to control absolutely every aspect of cricket. That’s paranoia of the highest order. I’m praying there’s a surprise in store for these thieves.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Certain person trying to make himself relevant so he can get back to Harare town :lol: and the mitts on the age group money again :lol:

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Hearing there are going to be big arrests for illegal forex dealing soon. Like bigwigs from companies and organisations. If there is something I suspect this board has been doing which can be easily proved its burning money. Remember the players being given their qualifier allowances in their bank accounts instead of the ICC cash? This will be the easiest way to nail them. It wont be that hard to prove. I hope somebody in a position to do something reads this.