[Match Thread] Zimbabwe v South Africa, 2nd T20

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

[Match Thread] Zimbabwe v South Africa, 2nd T20

Post by jaybro »

The 2nd T20 game is on tonight/tomorrow morning depending where you are in the world.

No Tahir for South Africa and the best batting conditions (according to previous matches) will hopefully lead to us putting on a decent score.

The South African batsman haven't really hit their strides yet as our bowlers have done a good job restricting them, but I feel they're ready to explode.

Interesting to see if Zim make any changes to their side, surely Mire comes in although I'm unsure if he comes in to open for Chamu or down at 7 instead of Elton.

Not sure if they'll stick with Chisoro or play Wellington, they might even go for the extra seamer and batting of Madziva.

A preview from Liam Brickhill via espncricinfo

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1865 ... sa-2018-19
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC

Re: [Match Thread] Zimbabwe v South Africa, 2nd T20

Post by TapsC »

If its flat and doesnt spin at all I would go with

Chamu
Hami
Tari
BT
Williams
PJ
Mire
Mavuta
Madziva
Jarvis
Mpofu

I would give Chamu one more chance because Tahir is gone. Playing Shamsi in the powerplay would be suicidal after his last 2 performances. Backing Tari too. Madziva and Mavuta to contribute with the bat down the order.

If we bowl well again I got a feeling this might be the game we sneak in a win. Tahir has claimed 15 wickets in 4 games. We usually do something decent like once every 5 games anyway :D

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

1. Hamilton (C)
2. Mire
3. Taylor
4. Moor
5. Williams
6. Musakanda
7. Chibhabha
8. Mavuta
9. Wellington
10. Jarvis
11. Mpofu

If Mire is injured, I won't want Chibhabha to open again as his performance has been disappointing along with Elton inspite of being senior players. Rather look at younger guys like Mavuta who is picking up wickets of Du Plessis and even giving everything with the bat too. It's time Murray (not in squad), Musakanda, Kamunhukamwe start getting more chances. As I was saying, if Mire is injured, open with Musakanda.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Detective RDS wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:07 am
1. Hamilton (C)
2. Mire
3. Taylor
4. Moor
5. Williams
6. Musakanda
7. Chibhabha
8. Mavuta
9. Wellington
10. Jarvis
11. Mpofu

If Mire is injured, I won't want Chibhabha to open again as his performance has been disappointing along with Elton inspite of being senior players. Rather look at younger guys like Mavuta who is picking up wickets of Du Plessis and even giving everything with the bat too. It's time Murray (not in squad), Musakanda, Kamunhukamwe start getting more chances. As I was saying, if Mire is injured, open with Musakanda.
Gutted that Murray isn't in the mixer; i was so impressed with his batting in the Pakistan series, much better than I had initially expected.
His keeping is clearly second to none. Murray, Burl, Musakanda, Mavuta, Kamunhukanwe (spelling) should be names being pencilled in for the T20's going forward; fucking youth is what is needed in this format!!!!! Elton Chigumbura, Chibahba and maybe a couple others should be nowhere near this side. It's pissing me off that they've done nothing to warrant a spot, yet they get selected over the kids i've already mentioned who have been scoring runs in the recent Africa T20 squad.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I saw Murray’s twitter- basically disappointed that he wasn’t selected, meaning he was available. I had thought that perhaps he had exams.
We keep overlooking Burl as well. I’m telling you this guy is a good player. He’s had a poor start but he has the capacity to play at this level. It’s an important word that. We don’t have the luxury to pick from a bunch of cricketers with good stats, we need to identify players with capacity to play and improve at international level.
Burl and Murray definitely fall into this category.
Jeez in hindsight if both these guys had played the ODI’s and the T20 it would have been huge for them.
Chigumbura and Chibhabha have been ok over the years, but we know what they’ve got, they’re not likely to suddenly hit a purple patch, and I’d say they’re both on the decline. I know how tough cricket is and I’m not wishing them an end to their international careers but we have deserving guys starting to put their hands up. Professional sport is cutthroat. Even if they’d rotated Chigumbura and Chibhabha and Burl and Murray it would have been a better option, or Kamunhukamwe. We need to have a look at new guys.

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

Googly wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:24 pm
I saw Murray’s twitter- basically disappointed that he wasn’t selected, meaning he was available. I had thought that perhaps he had exams.
We keep overlooking Burl as well. I’m telling you this guy is a good player. He’s had a poor start but he has the capacity to play at this level. It’s an important word that. We don’t have the luxury to pick from a bunch of cricketers with good stats, we need to identify players with capacity to play and improve at international level.
Burl and Murray definitely fall into this category.
Jeez in hindsight if both these guys had played the ODI’s and the T20 it would have been huge for them.
Chigumbura and Chibhabha have been ok over the years, but we know what they’ve got, they’re not likely to suddenly hit a purple patch, and I’d say they’re both on the decline. I know how tough cricket is and I’m not wishing them an end to their international careers but we have deserving guys starting to put their hands up. Professional sport is cutthroat. Even if they’d rotated Chigumbura and Chibhabha and Burl and Murray it would have been a better option, or Kamunhukamwe. We need to have a look at new guys.
Specially when the younger guys have done allright in the limited chances they got (i.e. Murray & Kamunhumkamwe vs PAK).

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Geez Mire has been horrible this tour
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

SpitfiresKent

Post by SpitfiresKent »

Out of the ground (kinda) from Hammy :o :6: