[Match Thread] Zimbabwe v South Africa, 2nd T20

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimstarr
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: [Match Thread] Zimbabwe v South Africa, 2nd T20

Post by zimstarr »

Musakanda is overrated

Googly

Post by Googly »

He’s not in long enough to judge that. :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

That front foot hitting on the up is not easy, he was hardly in and should have slid that down behind square. All three of them were trying to hit it into another time zone. Solly across the line to a decent length ball is poor and Hammy’s heave no better. I see that power sweep where he clears to off so he can hit it fine he plays against spin and pace. It’s a low percentage shot when you’re trying to paddle it, never mind trying to get some bat speed onto it and one of the few guys that does that well is AB. Hammy doesn’t need to do that, he must just play in front of the wicket. Yet another exasperating and depressing outing.
These selectors of ours.....eeish.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:12 pm
Zimbabwe really is clueless with T20 cricket - it is our worst format.
ODIs, apart from Afghanistan ZIM haven’t beaten any decent first string sides in the past 3-4 years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

T20 shouldn’t be our worst format. We’ve got some big hitters, we haven’t played the format enough and despite all our experience some of the batters continue to look overawed by the situation. These hallelujah swipes are embarrassing, man. Rotate strike and look for a boundary an over only. It’s easier said than done, but that’s the way to play. Three dot balls and some of the guys start swinging from the cheap seats, that’s just panic. Chigs’ wicket was not good, such a good shot prior to that and then a really poor one.
Mavuta finishes all his across the line slogs with his bat below shoulder level, really strange and ineffective, he’s got a good eye though.
Ya gents, I just dunno.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Thoughts out of the game -

Hamilton looks like he’s got too much going through his mind, I like the way he captains the side but I think it’s taking away from his batting.

Mire really needs to look at his game, he gets bowled and lbw way too much playing across the line.

Tari disappointing once again TapsC and I pointed out that during the Africa t20 he showed good maturity not playing any big shots early, but that went out the window today. He should look at how JPD played his innings moving the ball around early and playing the big shots once he was in.

Mavuta impressive again should have had Klaasen but for a simple miss catch by BT, I’ll admit I had my doubts about him but he’s been so impressive.

Jarvis let the side down today, again he should have taken notice how Frylick and Patterson bowled, nice a straight at the stumps. A tight spell and wicket from him may have changed the game.

Chisoro disappointing again doesn’t seem to know how to bowl on these decks in South Africa.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

SpitfiresKent
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by SpitfiresKent »

Same shit, different day.

They need to give Madziva and Wasakadza a game in the last T20, in for Chigumbura and Chisoro.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Haven't been able to watch any action, but good to hear rave reviews about Mavuta. I was critical of his lack of accuracy but looks like he has picked up so well in the more unforgiving format.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Googly wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:01 pm

Ya gents, I just dunno.
Everyone trying to over complicate things here. No need for that. Solution is simple, unfortunately everyone is too scared to pursue it.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

At least Williams has debunked the myth that he is a small team bully. He has been really good in SA