[Match Thread] South Africa vs Zimbabwe, 3rd T20I

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread] South Africa vs Zimbabwe, 3rd T20I

Post by jaybro »

sloandog wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:18 pm
TapsC wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:11 pm
I see Mpofu isnt in the Bangladesh squads. What a shame
That's so bad, he's been dealt a bad card there
Stupidity of selecting the squads before the Africa t20.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

Picking these squads in advance when we don’t play enough cricket to see who’s playing well just seems to be ZC appeasing the nucleus of our better senior players by promising everyone a shot.
Blessing doesn’t owe ZC anything. He should have been given a contract a while ago. If you treat players poorly they will look elsewhere if they have options. This attitude of he was given a chance so now he must show loyalty is such bullshit. If ZC was well run he would have stayed and that’s the bottom line.
ZC have this mentality of thinking the players are an annoying inconvenience. They, and their few mouthpieces, start citing lack of patriotism if players like Blessing and Raza don’t just hang around for better days.
Once you’re a chef obedience is expected from your lowly subjects.
A mere MP in this country is addressed as Honourable, I think that sums up what’s happened here. If they tabled a motion in parliament that they should be addressed as “Your Highness” and that all subjects should kneel when they’re being addressed, the motion would be passed unanimously.

Googly

Post by Googly »

When the players see Mukuhlani and Bvute around Sports Club do they address them in their capacity as MP’s and call them Honourable or as their bosses in cricket and call them Sir? They should of course be working hard in their respective constituencies and not have time for cricket, which as Honourable Mukuhlani pointed out is just a mere hobby for him. I think they’re probably conspicuously absent in both their constituencies and at ZC headquarters.
If there are new contracts out and they’re in Bollars, these players have blundered. The rate went as high as 6:1 but has come back to 1.5. The promise by the finance minister that people will be able to swap out at 1:1 because he’s secured a 500 million facility will fail. Our electronic transactions are around 9 billion and the big dogs will disappear that 500m in the blink of an eye.
Personally I think the rate will move fast very soon. Anyway let’s see. If it does the players will soon be earning the equivalent of $50 a month.
It’s all very disheartening.