Vigne Cup 2018/19

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Vigne Cup 2018/19

Post by sloandog »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:45 am
Googly wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:24 pm
It’s almost like you don’t read my posts :lol:
What have I missed?
Brandon's been black balled mate, I've spoken to him a little bit about it but he won't give any names etc. It's a real shame as it's cut him deep; he wants to play for Zimbabwe and crack the T20 sides but he's getting nowhere. He sent footage to Taibu and others when he was in Oz, for the RS tours to the UK, and they may aswell have spat in his face. It's terrible the way this man's been treated.
Travelling all over the place for a net trial with other Franchise sides, without any guarantees of a spot in the Franchise, to be paid £200 a month, isn't worth the financial demands on petrol and other factors.
I've seen him bowl a when he was much heavier and bigger than he is now, and he was sharp back then. He should be in the Eagles squad and it's a travesty he's been treated like dirt; especially since the abandonment of Muzarabani to the Uk.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

So he’s been black balled by all 4 franchises ?

Seen a few guys fall out with Eagles but get starts elsewhere.

Must have pissed them off pretty bad they usually let everyone else back in at some stage
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Just a concern: It is possible that such information shared here could be quite sensitive and could be damaging to his career / aspirations as none of it is official. These could easily be seen by his adversaries as him sharing his side of the story publicily. He might not want to be putting these out in public even if we consider all of it to be true.

Also, it could be purely one sided way of looking at things even if any of it is indeed the way it is being described here, without understanding what the other side has to say about it.

For the sheer welfare of the young man, can't such details / rumors be avoided here on the forums?

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

I highly doubt he has been black balled.

It’s probably just a case of nobody caring enough to look at any sort of stats, as it’s too much like hard work.

Yea rumors aren’t worth speculating over. I think it’s probably worth just putting it down to incompetence, like everything else in this country.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Flakeman wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:39 pm

It’s probably just a case of nobody caring enough to look at any sort of stats, as it’s too much like hard work.

Yea rumors aren’t worth speculating over. I think it’s probably worth just putting it down to incompetence, like everything else in this country.
Meh, black balled, ignored, bummed, all the same thing; he's been treated badly is what I am saying and he doesn't deserve it, he's a good bloke and a good bowler

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Flakeman wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:39 pm

Yeah no way he was black balled By all 4 franchises. Vermeulen burnt down the place and he wasn’t black balled and even after he went on the nigga rant there was serious talk of him returning.
ZC runs ghetto style at the best of times and people have done bad things and been like teflon.
If there’s something I’m missing then surely its repairable.

My advice to him would be to work on his relationships with people in ZC and he should get noticed.

Contact the coach of the Eagles or Rhinos would be a good start. I’d say Mountaineers, but he’s not black enough for them.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

If any type of professional organisation is going onto a Internet forum and taking the opinions or ‘mail’ from unknown sources with no identity really shouldn’t be running any type of organisation.

We know for a fact people on here previously fabricate the truth so you couldn’t possibly take this stuff seriously.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I am pretty sure Makoni was on here at one point arguing with us.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

eugene wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:25 am
I am pretty sure Makoni was on here at one point arguing with us.
FlashG?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

Everyone reads this forum from time to time, it’s the only place to discuss Zim cricket with a bit of openness and a modicum of politeness and there are folk on here with cricketing knowledge. Not many local folk offer anything here or anywhere though and I put that down to fear of victimization, people are vindictive. The guys with the real inside track don’t contribute much so it’s surprising what information does come to light.
I’m on a couple of other forums and it’s quite low level stuff.
I’m on that ACL page quite a bit, I enjoy that, but it’s been flooded with sub continent guys that have lowered the tone a bit. Nothing good lasts long.