Vigne Cup 2018/19

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Vigne Cup 2018/19

Post by eugene »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:43 am
eugene wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:25 am
I am pretty sure Makoni was on here at one point arguing with us.
FlashG?
My theory is that flash_g was Makoni. Makoni does have a track record of arguing with fans on social media.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Lee
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Lee »

Maybe Diplock is not good enough😎😂

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Diplock has been blacklisted most definitely, whether he realises it or not. The father of another somewhat prominent young white cricketer is probably mixed up in it somehow, he seems to be able to stop certain people getting selected in age-group cricket. One needs to find allies in ZC, if you don't you won't play.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

eugene wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:01 pm
Diplock has been blacklisted most definitely, whether he realises it or not. The father of another somewhat prominent young white cricketer is probably mixed up in it somehow, he seems to be able to stop certain people getting selected in age-group cricket. One needs to find allies in ZC, if you don't you won't play.
Intriguing rumours--following Zim cricket sometimes feels like watching a soap opera. I guess the fact that the cricketing community as a whole and the white community are both very small makes it really uncomfortable for people when things get personal.

Lee

Post by Lee »

so you mean all the other avenues for Diplock has been blocked or its just ZCF propaganda

Googly

Post by Googly »

There’s plenty of guys that aren’t good enough that have been playing FC for years :lol:
Give him a season, nothing better than watching a guy with a point to prove and some ability.

Lee

Post by Lee »

:D
Is he even better though because if james bruce just pops from Uni and have a game what's stopping him
Mind you Taibu snubbed him twice for the Stars.
But unknowns like Jha and Trenowerth were picked.. If he was good enough he would've have got a run by now even in this mess of a system

Googly

Post by Googly »

I don’t know Jha?
Ya I’ve heard about Trenoweth on this forum, did he ever play here though? I’d like to have seen him play.
I’m not sure about getting guys with a passport who’ve barely set foot here though, unless theyre of the caliber of Cartwright or de Grandhomme.
I’ve watched a bit of FC and Diplock definitely deserves a few games, he’s played club for a few seasons and has good figures, in fact better than some guys who are playing FC, so what else does he need to do? He’s good with the new ball and can bat a bit. Bruce popping in to play when he’s free and a guy like Diplock doing the time and not even getting one start smacks of a problem.
I don’t think we’re missing out on a guy that can open for our national side, but he’s a good test for any batter when it’s hooping, he’s decent.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

eugene wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:01 pm
Nah Brandon WAS picked in age groups cricket. He’s having issues in seniors, unless you count stars as age group cricket.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

Cephas Zhuwao hammered 232 runs as Old Hararians totaled 553-7 in the Harare Metropolitan League

In response, Royal were bowled out for 246, crushing to a heavy 307-run defeat.