Williams and Mavuta selected for SA T20

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Williams and Mavuta selected for SA T20

Post by sloandog »

Conant wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:57 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:32 am
Genuine Q.
What’s Mavuta done?

I haven’t watched any Zim games in a while but I can’t recall any standout scorecards from him?
I know he hit a 20 the other day but surely cunts aren’t jizzing just for that?

Someone bring ems up to speed.
He's a bowler though, not a batsman. Can just bat a bit maybe he might be an all rounder one day.

Two T20 matches in which he averaged just over 5 runs an over. I think three wickets in all and an easy one dropped by Taylor. Outstanding returns.
There's a lot to like about Brandon Mavuta; his googly is one of the best I've seen for sure. Rashid Khan and Imran Tahir easily the best in the game right now. For a kid who's learning on the spot I think there's incredibly encouraging signs - don't forget last time we toured Bangladesh we relied on Kamungozi in the leg spin department!

Googly

Post by Googly »

I was trying to find some footage, but from what I recall his googly is well disguised out of hand but his arm is a lot more upright. That applies to most leggies but from a couple of stills I’ve seen his is quite pronounced.
This tour will reveal a bit. Again I suspect he lacks quite a lot of control still. But let’s hope he does well, we need a bit of cheer.

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:40 am
Conant wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:57 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:32 am
Genuine Q.
What’s Mavuta done?

I haven’t watched any Zim games in a while but I can’t recall any standout scorecards from him?
I know he hit a 20 the other day but surely cunts aren’t jizzing just for that?

Someone bring ems up to speed.
He's a bowler though, not a batsman. Can just bat a bit maybe he might be an all rounder one day.

Two T20 matches in which he averaged just over 5 runs an over. I think three wickets in all and an easy one dropped by Taylor. Outstanding returns.
There's a lot to like about Brandon Mavuta; his googly is one of the best I've seen for sure. Rashid Khan and Imran Tahir easily the best in the game right now. For a kid who's learning on the spot I think there's incredibly encouraging signs - don't forget last time we toured Bangladesh we relied on Kamungozi in the leg spin department!
Lol, that is a massive, massive jump.

Hasn't totally gone to plan today though, those Bangladeshis are a different breed.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Not really a massive jump at all..? His google is very hard to pick, and just because he's bowled a few bad balls today doesn't take anything away from how excitingly talented he is. Fickle springs to mind, Conant

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

The guys you mentioned are probably the best Mavuta can try to emulate, although he doesn't have the same action as Imran and Rashid he isn't a classical leg spinner who rips it side ways. Those two guys arn't either but they just bowl on about off stump and rip their goggly a few times an over which has been so successful for them. Mavuta's strength is also his googly so he should concentrate on just bowling that off stump line and throwing the variations in from there.

Way too inconsistent yesterday, but he still got the big wicket of Mushfiqur which is a good sign, he's a wicket taker.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement