[Match Thread] Warm up game Zimbabwe v BCBXI

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: [Match Thread] Warm up game Zimbabwe v BCBXI

Post by Kriterion_BD »

TapsC wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:36 pm

You would definitely know better than me. Whats your prediction for the tour. How do you see it going? Who is going to stand out?
I hope to have a detailed preview up on my podcast (see link in my sig)...unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to cover the Asia Cup, so I'm itching to get back on for this series.

Given that we've picked the strongest available side, I find it hard not to say that our senior core will be the guys who do the bulk of the work - Mushfiq, Mahmudullah, Mustafiz, Rubel. But I would like to see Miraz, Shanto, and Hider step up this series. Hider needs to play all 3 of the ODIs, with Rubel and Fizz perhaps resting in alternate games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

TapsC wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:42 am
Jemisi wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:41 am
Mire had a bad SA series, but everyone has a chance at doing that.

I'd keep him and Hami together to start off with.
I think he has lost the element of surprise over the last year. Once people know your game you are in trouble for a year or so. Even the Proteas had a different field for him.
For sure. Once you’re in the big league the statistician and a couple of guys go through footage and figure out what you’re not good at. Plus of course a good bowler does that all by himself.

jward
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jward »

TapsC wrote:
Jemisi wrote:

I think he has lost the element of surprise over the last year. Once people know your game you are in trouble for a year or so. Even the Proteas had a different field for him.
I wish we could try Solly down the order, where I think he would be more successful, but the problem then is who to open. We just don't have any genuine openers of quality in the team, only makeshift ones.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Nanctus wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:21 am
I think that one of Zimbabwe's biggest problems for the last few years has been that opening slot - the one series when both openers performed against Sri Lanka they played really well. It always feels like the openers get out too early and just trigger a collapse, so I would kind of like to see Mire move down to 7 to avoid that happening and so he can regain some form.

Is Musakanda in the squad? I would like to see him have a go up the top, he's shown a few times that he is capable of some solid knocks and I think they just have to put faith in him like they did with Mavuta.
I agree with your first paragraph but I don’t think opening with Tari is the right move for him just yet, he might turn into a good ODI opener but for now I’d like him in the middle order mainly because his bigger issue at this point is playing too many big shots too early, opening with him will only make him feel pressured to do so even more.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Nanctus

Post by Nanctus »

Yeah Jaybro you're probably right. I had forgotten about that.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Googly wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:47 pm
TapsC wrote:
Jemisi wrote:

For sure. Once you’re in the big league the statistician and a couple of guys go through footage and figure out what you’re not good at. Plus of course a good bowler does that all by himself.
Which is also what the batsman should be doing. Reviewing his stats and his game and working on improving it every time.

jward wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:05 pm
TapsC wrote:
Jemisi wrote:

I wish we could try Solly down the order, where I think he would be more successful, but the problem then is who to open. We just don't have any genuine openers of quality in the team, only makeshift ones.
PJ fricking Moor

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

jward wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:05 pm
TapsC wrote:
Jemisi wrote:

[/quot

Hey all you guys are missing the point
If Mire is struggling as an opener why not take him down the order , the position he played during the world cup..Make Solly work on his bowling without the pressure of opening
Imagine having 3 all rounders in Raza , Sean William & Solly we just need 3 pure bowlers in the lineup - Jarvis , Chatara & Cremer .
4th bowler if needed in a lineup would be Mumbai or Mavuta
Zimbabwe would be set

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Here's a couple guys from BC forum discussing the series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... ihTiGFNclw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Nanctus

Post by Nanctus »

68/5... hopefully Hamilton can turn 37* into something big or this is going to be a bad start to the tour.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

I know I say it every time but I hate XV a side cricket. :x