[Match Thread] Warm up game Zimbabwe v BCBXI

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: [Match Thread] Warm up game Zimbabwe v BCBXI

Post by Jemisi »

Chigs fighting for life. Hami getting us past an embarrassing double figure score.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Jemisi wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:15 am
Chigs fighting for life. Hami getting us past an embarrassing double figure score.
Elton always finds a way to stay alive.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Just popping my head in to say this is why the RS or any touring squads in future are much better served touring the sub continent.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Ervine played as an opening batsmen :o

BugsBunny

Post by BugsBunny »

TapsC wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:16 am
Jemisi wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:15 am
Elton always finds a way to stay alive.
Our Next Waller.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Hami with a century. Elton 47. Everybody else crumbled. Sad.

15-a-side cricket is a very interesting concept. Wouldnt be surprised if they try introduce it in the next 10 years. I think it would make test matches a lot tougher. Maybe bring back some excitement to it but I know 90% of the cricketing world would be against it

BugsBunny

Post by BugsBunny »

TapsC wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:22 am

15-a-side cricket is a very interesting concept. Wouldnt be surprised if they try introduce it in the next 10 years. I think it would make test matches a lot tougher. Maybe bring back some excitement to it but I know 90% of the cricketing world would be against it
Hami has been showing some intent recently and looks solid, but others doesn't seem to learn anything. Craig Ervine is certainly not a new ball player.
Still lot of lbws, watching the ball carefully and playing cautiously is something the coach wants to improve with the Zim team.

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:22 am
Just popping my head in to say this is why the RS or any touring squads in future are much better served touring the sub continent.
:lol:

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

TapsC wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:22 am

They had XXII a side once upon a time - English touring sides would often play inflated teams.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:22 am
RS were going to England because of Taibus connections. It made everything so much easier. Now with him out of the equation, there's no knowing what will happen with the RS. Could not exist very soon.

Chigs is that player who you want to do so badly so he gets dropped, but you then remember he plays for your team. I think he just cemented his spot in the side for this tour though. Sad to see all the others failing again. Why can't anyone find consistency. We seemed to have some, or even some sort of rhythm, under Streak and then it all went to shits in that infamous game.

I'd love to know how Hammy went out. Was he swinging away? I'd like to think he was trying to play out the 50 overs and not just swinging.

I feel like we could such a better squad if our players used their head more than. It's like Cruyff said with football, "its a game played with the mind, not the feet". You begin to realise how true that statement is to all sports.