[Match Thread] Warm up game Zimbabwe v BCBXI

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

[Match Thread] Warm up game Zimbabwe v BCBXI

Post by jaybro »

Warm up game tomorrow good chance for Zimbabwe to give get some key players time in the middle, or a chance to try out some alternatives??

Personally I’d be playing the XI that are going to play the first ODI which for me would be the following

Mire
Hami
Ervine
Taylor
Williams
Raza
Tari
Tiripano
Mavuta
Jarvis
Chatara

I would like to have Mire down at 7 and okay as an all rounder but I can’t decide who if the others would be good to open? Plus I doubt Mire has been bowling much. I think with Raza & Williams we have enough spin so I’d play Tiripano instead of another spinner
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: [Match Thread] Warm up game Zimbabwe v BCBXI

Post by Jemisi »

Mire had a bad SA series, but everyone has a chance at doing that.

I'd keep him and Hami together to start off with.

Nanctus

Post by Nanctus »

I think that one of Zimbabwe's biggest problems for the last few years has been that opening slot - the one series when both openers performed against Sri Lanka they played really well. It always feels like the openers get out too early and just trigger a collapse, so I would kind of like to see Mire move down to 7 to avoid that happening and so he can regain some form.

Is Musakanda in the squad? I would like to see him have a go up the top, he's shown a few times that he is capable of some solid knocks and I think they just have to put faith in him like they did with Mavuta.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

We also played an extra batsmen in Sri Lanka
That prevented multiple collapses. Mire has to start bowling again. I believe Mire,Williams and Raza can cover 20 overs. Then we play Mavuta,Jarvis and Chatara.
That means we will be batting all the way to number 9. Hami to bowl a couple if things are bad.

I would start with

Mire
PJ
Hami
Tari
BT
Ervine
Williams
Raza
Mavuta
Jarvis
Chatara

Give PJ a full license uptop to strike the bowl. Not that timid stuff he sometimes does.Looking at the SA t20s I think PJ has enough power to get the bowl up and over in the powerplay. There is also enough time for him uptop to start slowly and play himself in if the bowling is decent.Raza is good enough to be the finisher with a little help from Mavuta.

The top 4 that I have here has enough firepower to score 180 inside 30 overs on their day.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Jemisi wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:41 am
Mire had a bad SA series, but everyone has a chance at doing that.

I'd keep him and Hami together to start off with.
I think he has lost the element of surprise over the last year. Once people know your game you are in trouble for a year or so. Even the Proteas had a different field for him.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

PJ would fix the opening issue. Honestly would. I don't see why we keep doing the same thing expecting different results.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Taps, it’s going to be a challenge to score to score 200 in 50 overs against our current attack in these conditions.

Some were in awe of the Pakistani ODI attack a few weeks ago. Well the BD attack is just as good, and even a notch better when in form, which they are. At home, they are two notches better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:11 pm
Taps, it’s going to be a challenge to score to score 200 in 50 overs against our current attack in these conditions.

Some were in awe of the Pakistani ODI attack a few weeks ago. Well the BD attack is just as good, and even a notch better when in form, which they are. At home, they are two notches better.
You would definitely know better than me. Whats your prediction for the tour. How do you see it going? Who is going to stand out?

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Cephas isn’t in Bangladesh. Just heard. These selectors continue to screw us. Him in Bangladesh would’ve been the one place where he would’ve probably been a world beater. He would’ve absolutely killed those left arm spinners. But hay, at least Elton is there.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

TapsC wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:41 am
We also played an extra batsmen in Sri Lanka
That prevented multiple collapses. Mire has to start bowling again. I believe Mire,Williams and Raza can cover 20 overs. Then we play Mavuta,Jarvis and Chatara.
That means we will be batting all the way to number 9. Hami to bowl a couple if things are bad.

I would start with

Mire
PJ
Hami
Tari
BT
Ervine
Williams
Raza
Mavuta
Jarvis
Chatara

Give PJ a full license uptop to strike the bowl. Not that timid stuff he sometimes does.Looking at the SA t20s I think PJ has enough power to get the bowl up and over in the powerplay. There is also enough time for him uptop to start slowly and play himself in if the bowling is decent.Raza is good enough to be the finisher with a little help from Mavuta.

The top 4 that I have here has enough firepower to score 180 inside 30 overs on their day.
I agree with you but dropping Tari and move everyone up and I put Tiripano@ 8