Best All Rounder Squad Zimbabwe

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mueddie28

Re: Best All Rounder Squad Zimbabwe

Post by Mueddie28 »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:45 pm
TapsC wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:05 pm

Ervine yes but no way is Mire a better all rounder than prime Elton. Mire bowled for a few months then stopped.

Doug Marrilier averaged 18 with the bat and over 40(same as Elton) with the ball in ODIs. Paul Strang was more of a bowler with his highest score being 47 in over 90 games. Travis Friend averaged 48 with the bowl in ODIs,16 with the bat.

Now Elton might be finished now but he did a lot for his country at his peak. People are very quick to forget. 16th best ODI average for Zim, 6th on the runs list and 7th on the wickets list

I never said Mire is better than Elton.

Marillier and Friend were playing in a time when they were competing for a spot against some quality players. They also played quality opposition. Can't forget the game Marillier won for us against India. A player of his hype should have much better stats, especially as he was always a shoe in, and played opposition that was of a lower calibre more often.
I only included Mire because he was the only guy I knew who opened as a batter too...
Chibhabha can be considered...
Its not the best all rounder but a combination of players playing they position as a batter while considering they bowling quality

zimbos_05

Re: Best All Rounder Squad Zimbabwe

Post by zimbos_05 »

Mueddie28 wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:52 am

I only included Mire because he was the only guy I knew who opened as a batter too...
Chibhabha can be considered...
Its not the best all rounder but a combination of players playing they position as a batter while considering they bowling quality
You picked Goodwin and Johnson and couldn't find another opener...