[ Poll ] Should Zimbabwe become a South African franchise?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!

Should Zimbabwe become a South African franchise?

Yes, relinquish Full Member status to be a CSA franchise
11%
No, keep the status quo
89%

Total votes: 9

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

[ Poll ] Should Zimbabwe become a South African franchise?

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Scenario:

Zimbabwe must relinquish its full member status, but in return they will become a full and permanent franchise within South Africa's premier competitions. That means a T20 team with all games televised, a one-day team with most games televised plus a FC team with no games televised.

As part of this arrangement, the CSA board would have oversight of ZC. So for all intents and purposes, you can assume that the ZC board would operate in a manner that is as professional as any SA franchise board.

You can also assume that the only international cricket Zimbabwe would play would be occasional third tier stuff: friendlies against Kenya, Namibia, etc.

Would you agree to this?

TapsC

Re: [ Poll ] Should Zimbabwe become a South African franchise?

Post by TapsC »

Definitely a no from me but I would want an A team to play in the domestic season there and an academy team to play in the 3 day competition or the varsity league(cheaper than 5 months in England)

It might actually be a better plan to outsource all our cricketers than have anything solid here. Our season is only going to run for about 4 months anyway. Club cricket in England plus SA domestic cricket would be enough if we add a short domestic season back home.

I have always said the best way South Africa could help us would be to not count African players(Zim,Namibia,Kenya etc) as internationals. Let them count the same as domestic players in SA and it would go a long way. One big African domestic season. Create division A and B.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I think we should become a South African franchise and still play international cricket. A model similar to Super Rugby's Jaguares and Argentina.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I think we should definitely be trying to put a side in their domestic setup, but not giving up our test status.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

Jeez if they could get our A side into that system it would be a huge win.
There’s that massive void between U19 and franchise that was filled by RS which has to be addressed or we’re back to square one and then there’s a similar void between franchise and the main side that can only be filled by A tours that our kretins have just blanked off.

We’re still waiting for announcements on u19, an academy and what plans they may have to replace RS.
You can’t have RS winning the 50 over stuff and then just canning it.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:04 pm
I think we should definitely be trying to put a side in their domestic setup, but not giving up our test status.
I agree a Zimbabwe Board X1 would be a great franchise with Namibia withdrawing from South African league ZC should work hard to get it done...
Players like Craig Ervine, Mire & Tari would benefit with some matches to gain form while players like Burl, K-LONG , Mumbai & Welly Masakadza can develop they game

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

eugene wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:45 pm
I think we should become a South African franchise and still play international cricket. A model similar to Super Rugby's Jaguares and Argentina.
+1