[Match Thread] Bangladesh v Zimbabwe 3rd ODI

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Detective RDS

[Match Thread] Bangladesh v Zimbabwe 3rd ODI

Post by Detective RDS »

My XI:

1 Hamilton
2 Musakanda (Zhuwao has to work on his technique. At present, he is a very hit and miss player and suited to T20s. It looks like at best he can give you a 20 ball 30. Zhuwao can be tried at 7 as a hitter, that's an option. But you need to have openers who have the potential to score big and bat for a long time. I want to see how Musakanda goes opening. He is a stroke maker and can clear the field in the first powerplay)
3 Taylor
4 Williams
5 Raza
6 Moor
7 Mire (With Elton and Craig out of touch, Mire can be tried down the order where his big hitting can be effective. Zhuwao is also an option here)
8 Mavuta (Stick with him. He picked up the wicket of Du Plessis twice. He has age in his side and offers a lot more than Nyumbu.)
9 Wellington (He needs to play. I think he is someone who is underrated. His last ODI figure reads 5-1-26-2 against South Afirca. Tiripano went wicketless in last 2 ODIs.)
10 Jarvis
11 Chatara

What's your XI ?
Last edited by Detective RDS on Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

sam_ahm

Re: [Match Thread] Bangladesh v Zimbabwe 3rd ODI

Post by sam_ahm »

Come on guys you've got to win this today.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I can’t agree with you detective about opening with Tari, as a few of us have pointed out his biggest issue is playing big shots too early in his innings and by making him open you’re encouraging him to do so.

I would how ever have him in the side despite his three ducks 🦆 in a row we need to invest in the youth and as Mamba would say ‘stop given chances to useless old failures’

I’ve actually been pretty happy with Zhuwao up top he’s been giving our innings’ a good start so as long as he can keep it up he’s doing his job.

Hami
Zhuwao
BT
Williams
Raza
Tari
Mire
Mavuta
Jarvis
Chatara
Ngarava

Might as well try a few things since it’s a dead rubber I’d like to see Mire play down the order see if he can give our innings the finishing touch it requires.

Also I’d like to see Ngarava have a bowl, although I haven’t really been impressed with what I’ve seen so far from him, he’s here so let’s give him a go.

Tempted to give Wellington a game but don’t think more spin is the right way to attack Bangladesh, could replace Mavuta who’s struggled in this series, but I’d rather not.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

I think I might actually be on board for most of this game

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:52 am
I can’t agree with you detective about opening with Tari, as a few of us have pointed out his biggest issue is playing big shots too early in his innings and by making him open you’re encouraging him to do so.

I’ve actually been pretty happy with Zhuwao up top he’s been giving our innings’ a good start so as long as he can keep it up he’s doing his job.
I respect your opinion. I would definitely discourage Musakanda to hit in the air early in his innings. I have seen in his initial matches that he can play some shots. I'm eager to see whether he can hit the gaps in the first powerplay to pick up some boundaries. Zhuwao has lived very dangerously in both of his innings. The commentators were also discussing that Zhuwao might not be a proper/long term opening solution. But yeah it's fun to watch his innings. When he's batting, something is definitely happening. :)

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Chigumbura will feature in the playing XI for sure. Craig went for a wedding after the First ODI.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Flakeman wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:01 am
Chigumbura will feature in the playing XI for sure. Craig went for a wedding after the First ODI.
Sean gets married today
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

One of the things that gets me, and we have seen it in these last two series, is the refusal to bring in youngsters. When they do, they make stupid decisions like today. Mavuta and Chatara are out. It should be Elton and Tiripano out.

SA, and Bangladesh have given their guys chances and shots. Zim on the other hand just refuse to do it. They keep going to their mates, and the old guys who have failed before. We stand nothing to lose, yet refuse to actually gamble.

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

This is why I don't want Zhuwao to open in ODIs. Simply no technique.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Anyone still think I'm wrong in calling for Hammy to be dropped...

As for Zhuwao, the man has no technique. Not a cricketer. Keep him to T20s and someone teach him to bat like Mitchell Johnson. Straight bat. Head over the ball and use the power.