[News] Taylor to play for Khulna Titans and Raza to play for Chittagong Vikings in BPL 6

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: [News] Taylor to play for Khulna Titans and Raza to play for Chittagong Vikings in BPL 6

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Nanctus wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:02 pm

That is great for Williams!

I agree that his batting might be best in ODIs and Tests, but I think his bowling is very effective in T20s.

I'm not sure how BPL works with overseas slots in the starting XI, is he likely to get any games? Cause with Chris Gayle, Alex Hales and AB de Villliers as well as some others there is a lot of competition for spots.
I think there is 1 less spot in the XI for foreigners than previous years. I think 4 foreigners per XI for this year where previously it was 5.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Nanctus

Re: [News] Taylor to play for Khulna Titans and Raza to play for Chittagong Vikings in BPL 6

Post by Nanctus »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:57 pm
Nanctus wrote:

I agree that his batting might be best in ODIs and Tests, but I think his bowling is very effective in T20s.

I'm not sure how BPL works with overseas slots in the starting XI, is he likely to get any games? Cause with Chris Gayle, Alex Hales and AB de Villliers as well as some others there is a lot of competition for spots.
I think there is 1 less spot in the XI for foreigners than previous years. I think 4 foreigners per XI for this year where previously it was 5.
Oh wow that's great I was thinking it would be 2 or 3. Good chance he'll get some game time then! Thanks Kriterion.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Nanctus wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:43 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:57 pm
Nanctus wrote:

Oh wow that's great I was thinking it would be 2 or 3. Good chance he'll get some game time then! Thanks Kriterion.

Even IPL can’t survive with just 2-3 foreigners in the XI, forget about a 3rd rate League like BPL.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

The BBL only has 2 Overseas players max in the entire squad !!!

Considering none of the best Australian players play either it’s actually surprising the tournament is so good
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

SpitfiresKent

Post by SpitfiresKent »

Taylor is having some success for the Titans opening the batting, perhaps that's something Zim could look at ahead of the T20 qualifiers?

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

SpitfiresKent wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:00 pm
Taylor is having some success for the Titans opening the batting, perhaps that's something Zim could look at ahead of the T20 qualifiers?
It's definitely an option although I guess it all depends if they wish to use either Solomon Mire or Cephas Zhuwao and go for an explosive start, or if they would rather stack the top order with their 'premier batsman' and leave the fireworks to the end??

Option A 'Explosive Start'

Zhuwao
Mire
Hamilton
BT
Williams
Raza
Tari

Option B 'Explosive Finish'

Hamilton
BT
Williams