[Match Thread] Bangladesh v Zimbabwe : 3 day Practice Match

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [Match Thread] Bangladesh v Zimbabwe : 3 day Practice Match

Post by Black Mamba »

8+3 combination for draw

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:29 am

Going into that series it was still disputable who was the better side with Zimbabwe winning 2 of the 3 Tests played in Zim and the last two ODI series, but now there is no question who is the better side Bangladesh have left Zimbabwe way behind (although a BD tour to Zim would be interesting). I'm not really holding out much hope for a result especially without Cremer I feel finding 20 wickets will be tough if the deck is flat and if they produce some rank turner the Bangladeshi spinners will have a field day.
We would most likely struggle in Tests in Zimbabwe, based purely on our recent form. Granted on paper, we *should* be a competitive side if everyone is fit. But I think our ODI team has progressed a lot since 2013 when we last toured ZIM, and we'd be very tough to beat even once. T20s, ZIM would whitewash us in Zimbabwe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:37 am
jaybro wrote:

Going into that series it was still disputable who was the better side with Zimbabwe winning 2 of the 3 Tests played in Zim and the last two ODI series, but now there is no question who is the better side Bangladesh have left Zimbabwe way behind (although a BD tour to Zim would be interesting). I'm not really holding out much hope for a result especially without Cremer I feel finding 20 wickets will be tough if the deck is flat and if they produce some rank turner the Bangladeshi spinners will have a field day.
We would most likely struggle in Tests in Zimbabwe, based purely on our recent form. Granted on paper, we *should* be a competitive side if everyone is fit. But I think our ODI team has progressed a lot since 2013 when we last toured ZIM, and we'd be very tough to beat even once. T20s, ZIM would whitewash us in Zimbabwe.
Does'nt seems Bangladesh will stuggle in Zimbabwe, spinners will be efffective in slow Zimbabwe Yracks.Recently Bangladesh was good with the bat in New Zealand, South Africa, they only struggled with the bowl. Mustafizur haven't been great in green, seam friendly pitches, whereas Rubel has been irregular in test, their new ventures Subhasis & Kamrul looked average.Taskin had pace but wayward, after his ban on bowling action, he has been least effective.
Robo to rule :oops:

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:37 am
jaybro wrote:

I don't think Ban will struggle that much in T20Is. They won 2-1 T20I series against the Windies which had the likes of Russells, Brathwaites and Lewis. That's no joke. I think the T20 whitewash against Afghanistan hampered the reputation of Ban. Otherwise, they are a much improved side. The thing is that the rise of Afghanistan is very rapid and they have already produced very good T20 players in Rashid, Mujeeb. I truly believe Afg has that surprise element about them.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

I am genuinely amazed at the fact Chgumbura has been retained for the tests, and Tari has flown home

Googly

Post by Googly »

At 24 Tari is being touted as the up and coming young batsman and the future captain, but he can’t get regular games? I saw that nasty little journalist boldly stating that he would be the next captain and he is their mouthpiece. PJ would probably be a better pick as he’s slowly finding his feet.
There are dead man’s boots to fill in franchise and national level. The party stalwarts are very evident.
At the end of the day ZC is just a family run business and they don’t seem to be answerable to anybody.
I’d like to think that Elty has got 4 innings to either make a big match winning hundred or to bring the curtain down on international cricket. Some of our guys will be shuffling out to bat using Zimmer frames before long.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I honestly dont think Tari is ready for test cricket yet. I think the person they missed the trick with was Prince Masvaure. Left hander who can play spin from what I saw in July.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Googly wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:56 am
At 24 Tari is being touted as the up and coming young batsman and the future captain, but he can’t get regular games? I saw that nasty little journalist boldly stating that he would be the next captain and he is their mouthpiece. PJ would probably be a better pick as he’s slowly finding his feet.
There are dead man’s boots to fill in franchise and national level. The party stalwarts are very evident.
At the end of the day ZC is just a family run business and they don’t seem to be answerable to anybody.
I’d like to think that Elty has got 4 innings to either make a big match winning hundred or to bring the curtain down on international cricket. Some of our guys will be shuffling out to bat using Zimmer frames before long.
To be honest I'm losing interst in seeing his name included. He doesn't bowl anymore, he's overweight and and his batting is a shadow of what it once was. I just don't get why they chose to play him in the ODI's and leave out Musakanda. It really annoyed me.
Burl, Musakanda, Mavuta and (when available) Ryan Murray need to be included in every single Zimbabwe squad moving forward.
Googly, you seem to be in the know with Nick Welch, what's his deal? Is he studying? If he is, would he make a move back and try for the national team?

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Chigumbura is cooked. His last half a dozen international scores? 1*, 3, 6, 0, 9, 0. The only reason he could be included is if there's some Takashinga quota to fill.

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

TapsC wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:28 am
I think the person they missed the trick with was Prince Masvaure. Left hander who can play spin from what I saw in July.
+1

Selectors are not thinking logically.