Distribution of Rising Star Academy & Under 19 Players in Domestic Season 2018- 2019

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Distribution of Rising Star Academy & Under 19 Players in Domestic Season 2018- 2019

Post by The Robot »

Zimbabwe Domestic Season Fixtures 2018-2019

Zimbabwe domestic cricket season 2018-2019 is set to start on 1 December, involving four franchises - Eagles, Mountaineers, Rhinos and Tuskers - that will compete in all three formats of the game.

Rising Stars Academy Players will be distributed among the four existing franchises.

Tarisai Musakanda ( c), Faraz Akram,Eddie Byrom,Ryan Burl,
Aarsh Jha,Tinashe Kamunhukamwe, Rugare Magarira,William Mashinge,Brandon Mavuta,Tony Munyonga,Taffy Mupariwa,
Ryan Murray,Blessing Muzarabani,Richard Ngarava,
Thamsanqa Nunu,Tendai Nyamayaro,Mkhululi Nyathi,
Milton Shumba,Tafadzwa Tsiga ( wk ),Honest Ziwira, Ncube

Intetesting to find out how many under 19 cricketers featured in recently held world cup will feature in the domestic cricket
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-10-31-18-47-52-1.png
Screenshot_2018-10-31-18-47-52-1.png (318.61 KiB) Viewed 3437 times
Robo to rule :oops:

Googly

Re: Distribution of Rising Star Academy & Under 19 Players in Domestic Season 2018- 2019

Post by Googly »

Whilst RS won the 50 over comp there was only a handful of guys that really stuck their hands up, some of which are missing or on call up, so there’s only a few useful guys to absorb. This December start does not bode well.
The next crop of u19’s have a year to get some serious exposure, and the most logical and cheapest way is to get a couple of the better ones into the franchise system.
They really should have kept a 5th franchise side going and loaded it with the next wave or we’re going to 15th this time around. They have had a long time to see how the top teams groom their youngsters and with a much smaller pool they’re still not following suit, yet hoping for a miracle :lol:
I see ZC has not paid their rental at HSC for a very long time and have been sued for 120k- so much for ICC paying the important stuff :lol:

jward
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Distribution of Rising Star Academy & Under 19 Players in Domestic Season 2018- 2019

Post by jward »

Googly wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:01 pm
Whilst RS won the 50 over comp there was only a handful of guys that really stuck their hands up, some of which are missing or on call up, so there’s only a few useful guys to absorb. This December start does not bode well.
The next crop of u19’s have a year to get some serious exposure, and the most logical and cheapest way is to get a couple of the better ones into the franchise system.
They really should have kept a 5th franchise side going and loaded it with the next wave or we’re going to 15th this time around. They have had a long time to see how the top teams groom their youngsters and with a much smaller pool they’re still not following suit, yet hoping for a miracle :lol:
I see ZC has not paid their rental at HSC for a very long time and have been sued for 120k- so much for ICC paying the important stuff :lol:
The HSC rental may well have been something ZC didn't inform the ICC about. Yes, a fifth franchise would be best, but ZC finances are now such a disaster that it's all they can do to keep going at all - there's no way they can afford a fifth franchise in their present financial state. Chickens are home to roost.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

My fear is with the lack of funds the good youngsters will look to play club cricket overseas instead of the Logan cup which will be full of the usual ‘never going to make the national team’ type players.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I think the dates are good because we can expect to see everybody playing and then going to the UK for the summer if you dont have a national contract. Its a win win for everybody who can get that gig. ZC doesnt have to pay them during that period and they also get to play cricket in a better emvironment. Some guys will basically be playing 2 seasons a year.

4 teams will be very competitive if EVERYBODY participates. This is key for me. Everybody has to play. A lot of national team players find ways to dodge some games. I hope this is not the case this time.

Googly

Post by Googly »

They can’t play because of the new visa requirements.
Club cricket, barring a couple of the premier leagues, is not going to do anything for your cricket if you’re a good player.

Googly

Post by Googly »

And the $120k was an arbitration judgement so I guarantee the original amount was a lot more and now they’re demanding $88k in interest so clearly they haven’t paid rent for at least 12-15 years! If you divide that out it’s cheaper than my house rental. I could live on 10 magnificent Hectares in the middle of town for a grand a month, that’s half the price of the shithole acre I rent now. :lol:

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Who owns Harare Sports Club, Googly?
I just assumed that it was one of ZC's assets.

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Kyle Hopper to be back for Zimbabwe after 2 yrs?

https://mobile.twitter.com/milohopper/s ... 974785?p=v

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Black Mamba wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:06 pm
Kyle Hopper to be back for Zimbabwe after 2 yrs?

https://mobile.twitter.com/milohopper/s ... 974785?p=v
Is he good enough..? Of what I heard back in the day, he bowled far too slowly for a leg spinner and didn't bat.
Googly could probably confirm this.
I'd rather see Brad Evans back, personally. He'd get right in the face of these Bangla boys