Distribution of Rising Star Academy & Under 19 Players in Domestic Season 2018- 2019

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Distribution of Rising Star Academy & Under 19 Players in Domestic Season 2018- 2019

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:09 pm
Black Mamba wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:06 pm
Kyle Hopper to be back for Zimbabwe after 2 yrs?

https://mobile.twitter.com/milohopper/s ... 974785?p=v
Is he good enough..? Of what I heard back in the day, he bowled far too slowly for a leg spinner and didn't bat.
Googly could probably confirm this.
I'd rather see Brad Evans back, personally. He'd get right in the face of these Bangla boys
Beggers can't be choosers. Every individual who has half an inclination of coming back must be welcomed back with a red carpet and open arms...

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Distribution of Rising Star Academy & Under 19 Players in Domestic Season 2018- 2019

Post by sloandog »

Provided they're good enough..

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’m not entirely sure who owns it. Usually these clubs are owned by the members, and therefore are open to a hostile take over if the members let their guard down.
I’m sure that it’s closely guarded and I have no doubt many have tried to wrest control of it in the past. It’s in good hands. ZC would be poorly placed if they booted them out. The monthly rental is fuck all and it shows their complete disregard for anything and anyone.

I haven’t seen Hopper play for a long time. He hasn’t made it over there, but that doesn’t mean a whole lot.
He’s made a few club hundreds and become a decent bat I believe.
Ya Evans would probably do well here. He’s a good player, he could become a good batsman if he got the coaching, he’s very talented and an absolute gun outfielder.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I think some of these good players are realistically a couple of years from coming back, and it’s doubtful that they would even consider it if we continue in the same vein. Some of these FC teams are dead man’s boots and that’s why they need that 5th side and A side cricket sooner rather than later.
No one is seeing any meaningful change yet. Same old delayed start to our season with the inevitable rain interruptions and probable cancellations and postponements of games. Where’s the Academy, when are we seeing age group cricket and talent identification etc etc.
I see everyone has now given up on this mess being cleaned up and are now gearing up for the 2019 AGM, but they will be outwitted as usual, which I don’t think is too difficult. :lol:
On the outside chance that the incumbents are shown the door the next problem is who they’re all replaced with. There’s a dearth of cricketing and administrative personnel here that are any good. They’re all either dead, infirm, elsewhere or not interested. Some of the names that are bandied around make me just shake my head because we’d be no better off.
What is very clear is that there is no money nor the expertise to develop grass roots cricket. It’s soap box time- just get 15 schools playing good cricket and get the promising kids into those. It’s all we need and can afford. Get A team cricket going in SA and entice half a dozen good cricketers back here and we can continue to limp along and have the odd win, otherwise we ain’t surviving this.

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

ZRS youths will be benched in most of the games when they will be included in franchises as seniors, experience will be prefered first, and will get picked only whrn those seniors will run to play club cricket in UK at the begining of UK domestic season. The move will hurt young talents.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

It's like they sit down and discuss how to actively destroy the game, and everyone lets them get away with it.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Googly wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:07 pm
I’m not entirely sure who owns it. Usually these clubs are owned by the members, and therefore are open to a hostile take over if the members let their guard down.
I’m sure that it’s closely guarded and I have no doubt many have tried to wrest control of it in the past. It’s in good hands. ZC would be poorly placed if they booted them out. The monthly rental is fuck all and it shows their complete disregard for anything and anyone.
That's really interesting. How does one become a member of Harare Sports Club? Do they have AGM's and things like that? The real estate must be worth a fortune. I mean all this talk about why don't they players do this or that... the house of cards falls down if HSC pulled the plug on ZC. I was sure ZC would have owned the place after all this time!

matland
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by matland »

Yes BRM you would have thought,they certainly dont !

Queens owns their ground as does BAC in Bulawayo,ZC essentially leases the grounds for a pittance I am led to believe.
At Queens the club house side is locked on the ground side and ZC takes over during internationals.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

That's fascinating. So QSC is run by members too? If, for example, a developer wanted to build an apartment block on the QSC land - who would they be making an offer to? Who would get the money?

Not that Wikipedia is to be trusted (it says ZC owns HSC), but about Queens it says "Owner: Bulawayo City Council".

Googly

Post by Googly »

Yes most clubs are owned by the members. Many times clubs have been flooded with new members just prior to the AGM as a hostile take over manoever. There are legitimate and legal ways of preventing this though and people are wise to it, but it’s not how it worked back then and people were unprepared for it. If there’s an opportunity to get something for free or it’s not bolted down then good luck here. Without knowing the details I’m fairly sure Country Club were caught with their pants down and have succumbed to the Bvute take over. They were in financial trouble some years ago which is how the door was opened. I will bet that it becomes a nine hole course (or 18 using 2 T boxes) with offices and a residential area. It may end up being quite nice. I wonder if the cricket ground is part of their plan though. Mr Bvute is a very powerful and connected man. Another one of our MP’s tried this at OG’s with his drunk cronies many years ago and the members had to revive dead people to stave off this evil disgusting person.
People were receiving frantic phone calls to get down there and vote minutes before the AGM was due to start.
The demise of club life is directly linked to the economy and the hostility from the new rugby and cricket organizations post independence, although that has changed quite a bit of late. It’s why I’m such a staunch advocate of people belonging to clubs and paying their subscriptions. Most of the clubs are mere shadows of what they used to be and why our rugby, cricket, hockey and tennis is now so shite. I grew up at OG’s and OH and those were glory days. Anyway we soldier on.