[Match Thread] Bangladesh v Zimbabwe : 1st Test, Sylhet

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread] Bangladesh v Zimbabwe : 1st Test, Sylhet

Post by sloandog »

Jarv was lethal for Lancashire on English decks, because of the seam movement he got. He bowls a heavy ball and as you say, he'd do some real damage to the irish

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

PSR wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:20 am
So so so happy for Zimbabwe :W: :W:

And not to forget Lalchand Rajput behind the scenes...have to give that guy some credit :W:
He's been pretty chill, eh?

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

Well pleased to see the result, a Zim team that hasn't lost the plot and thrown away such a good chance is, to me, the best thing about the win

Glancing through some of the posts I find myself thinking one thing about the 2nd Test selection, let's just wait and see what sort of pitch Bangladesh are going to prepare before calling for people to be dropped, other than Chari that is, that man shouldn't be in Asia let alone in the side. Mavuta and Masakadza were both making their debuts so they should both be given a bit of space, if Bangladesh prepare a spinning wicket you'd have Raza, Williams with a dodgy finger and who else? Burl who's only ever taken 17 first class wickets and Nyumbu, not for me thanks

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Many congratulations folks!!

Zimbabwe's first away win in 17 years and first test win aftet 5 years!!! Finally!!!

The job is only half done though. There is a series to be won, that will be huge. Should not be complacent after this win. Bangla boys will come back really hard.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Such a great win, I truly thought we'd thrown it away with that 3rd innings effort - shades of the SL test when we didn't quite set enough.
But quite a professional win in the end, a bit of credit must go to the coach I suppose.

And such a comprehensive win which didn't require a Taylor classic which is rare for us.

Mavuta stepped up when required to clean up the tail. Really good stuff all round and Williams a deserving man of the match (as would have been Raza).

This is why Test cricket is so good!

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Fantastic win. Wished I could have stayed home and watched it.

Expect a rank turner in Dhaka.

Free Spirit

Post by Free Spirit »

Fantastic effort from Zimbabwe well deserved. Hopefully we get some consistency now. Id make only 1 change for second test. Burl IN Chari OUT.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Free Spirit wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:49 am
Fantastic effort from Zimbabwe well deserved. Hopefully we get some consistency now. Id make only 1 change for second test. Burl IN Chari OUT.
And Wellington out and Ervine in, to solidify the batting on a not doubt bunsen burner

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:01 pm
Free Spirit wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:49 am
And Wellington out and Ervine in, to solidify the batting on a not doubt bunsen burner
Agree with those two changes. However I would push Regis up to open as he has indicated that he is happy to open and keep wicket in the past.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:15 am
Is this Sean Williams' 'career defining match' ?? It's been said he only scores when the game is over or in losing causes. But this match he played a top innings and was MOTM

Is this his career defining match ?
Has been a stunning tour for him so far, isn't it? This is what I always expected Williams to be able to produce day in and day out given his talent, way back in 2008 when we first saw him do similar consistent things in Pakistan followed by the "Chevrons" gig in SA where he literally carried us. Based on sheer natural talent, no one in the team is anywhere close to him, including BT. But his class had never materialized so well till this tour...

Can't put to words how chuffed I am for him.