Finally Mount Hamilton Masakadza Wins

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Finally Mount Hamilton Masakadza Wins

Post by tawac »

Hamilton Masakadza hasn't won much as captain. And here he is picking the biggest one of them all with an away Test Win. He has been putting the work in and leading from the front with respectable opening stands. He may not be converting but he has been contributing. For now a worthy captain indeed.

CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Finally Mount Hamilton Masakadza Wins

Post by Jemisi »

He'll always have this win at least.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Yea I was going to say, he can always say he captained his side to their first oversees test victory since 2001.
I love that photo. Did anybody watch that game, his debut knock? At the ground, on TV maybe? Would have loved to have seen how his technique has evolved, if at all.

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

He was still bringing his bat down from 1st slip.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:50 am
Yea I was going to say, he can always say he captained his side to their first oversees test victory since 2001.
I love that photo. Did anybody watch that game, his debut knock? At the ground, on TV maybe? Would have loved to have seen how his technique has evolved, if at all.
Not sure if it was televised at all. Some clippings would have emerged on YouTube by now if that test match was televised?

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

I was just following along on cricinfo

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:15 am

Not sure if it was televised at all. Some clippings would have emerged on YouTube by now if that test match was televised?
Its was televised. I remember skipping classes to watch it in the music theatre at school. Totally epic. Hami's knock was outstanding but the heroics of Blignaut made us love the game even more.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

tawac wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:24 am
Its was televised. I remember skipping classes to watch it in the music theatre at school. Totally epic. Hami's knock was outstanding but the heroics of Blignaut made us love the game even more.
Then we need to hunt for those videos!

Googly

Post by Googly »

Jemisi wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:55 am
He was still bringing his bat down from 1st slip.
Is that good or bad?

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:50 am
Was definitely televised. I remember where I was watching when he scored the century. In all honesty, I don't think he has improved his game in the way he should have. He was a good young cricketer with a willingness to learn and good technique. Seems like at some point he just got lazy and stuck with whatever he felt in the moment.