Are Bangladesh arrogant

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: Are Bangladesh arrogant

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:09 pm
Pakistan and Sri Lanka would be similar to Bangladesh financially and Zimbabwe has hosted both of them in recent times.

Yes Zimbabwe has decided to scale back hosting Test matches but they haven’t said anything about not wanting to host ODI or t20 series.
Its lopsided scheduling for sure. But I don't think your underlying point would be served by hosting BD in an ODI series were the scoreline would likely be 4-1.
On a side note I don’t understand why it’s so hard to make a profit or break even when hosting Bangladesh or Pakistan??? Surely you could sell the game to those countires? Their fans are cricket mad !!!
Maybe they do break even or earn a small profit. But getting India (even their 2nd string side because sponsorships still see it as India) and Australia over would net them 50 times as much as BD or PAK and 200 times as much as SL.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Well the last two times Bangladesh toured they lost the ODI series Kriterion so although I agree I reckon Bangladesh would win 4-1 they need to do it.

The other three series Bangladesh won 2 of them but remembering Zimbabwe were going through very tough times at those points with player rebellions etc.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Again I’ll point out it’s not a bad thing the way Bangladesh carry themselves I think every good team needs some arrogance and swagger.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:43 pm
Well the last two times Bangladesh toured they lost the ODI series Kriterion so although I agree I reckon Bangladesh would win 4-1 they need to do it.

The other three series Bangladesh won 2 of them but remembering Zimbabwe were going through very tough times at those points with player rebellions etc.
2009 series ZIM seemed to be pretty full strength. Even Vermuelen and Conventry were present along with Taylor, Williams, Masakadza, Cremer, and Price. I think only Craig was missing but had he even debuted for the senior side in 2009?

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Ervine debuted in 2010

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

who cares if Bangladesh are arrogant.

We can be arrogant back.

I'd rather watch Floyd Mayweather than Prosper Utseya.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:29 am
who cares if Bangladesh are arrogant.

We can be arrogant back.

I'd rather watch Floyd Mayweather than Prosper Utseya.
Being arrogant without warrant is fucking stupid and embaressing. Mayweather (Australia) can pull it off, Utseya (Bangladesh) can't, and that's what pisses me off

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:43 am

Being arrogant without warrant is fucking stupid and embaressing. Mayweather (Australia) can pull it off, Utseya (Bangladesh) can't, and that's what pisses me off
Australia would get trounced if they toured Bangladesh right now, so I think we're warranted.

Any team can lose a game, especially if they are missing 3 of their best players, 4 considering Shakib is equally good as a batsman and a bowler. Sri Lanka are in a tight spot against England, and they've gone 5-0 combined against the likes of Australia and South Africa. Unexpected results is why the game is played.

Look at Australia. They are missing 3 or 4 of their players in Warner, Smith, Hazlewood, and Starc and they are getting manhandled by mediocre teams like Pakistan. If Ashton Agar can talk a little smack, no reason Miraz can't too.

Hamilton's boys just won 1 game out of 4 against a depleted BD side and he's poking a little fun at the opposition's spin attack. Lets apply the same standard to all teams.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:01 am

Australia would get trounced if they toured Bangladesh right now, so I think we're warranted.
Hmm they haven't passed 200 all year and just lost to Zimbabwe so I'm not sure about this one

Kriterion_BD wrote:

getting manhandled by mediocre teams like Pakistan. If Ashton Agar can talk a little smack, no reason Miraz can't too.
Mediocre ? I think that's harsh on Pakistan they're a very good all round Test side who have beaten England and the Windies abroad recently something Bangladesh wouldn't be able to do at the moment
Kriterion_BD wrote:

Hamilton's boys just won 1 game out of 4 against a depleted BD side and he's poking a little fun at the opposition's spin attack. Lets apply the same standard to all teams.
No side apart from maybe the Windies is as 'depleted' as Zimbabwe, yes ok Shakib & Tamin were out and they're great players not doubt, but Zimbabwe was missing Cremer through injury plus a host of other players who aren't available for selection so lets not go down that path.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Zim are in a perpetual state of depletion.
Zims only saving grace is the class of 2006 has hung around.

put out your best side of under 30s and its ugly.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*