Are Bangladesh arrogant

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Are Bangladesh arrogant

Post by sloandog »

sam_ahm wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:15 am
I however didn't like the fact thst Mahmudullah didn't even congratulate Zimbabwe on a famous win. That was poor sportsmanship.
Clocked it straight away - was poor. Mahmadulla seems like a bit of cunt on the quiet. I'll never forget the incident with Jos Butler, one of the most placid blokes you'll ever meet.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:53 pm

Clocked it straight away - was poor. Mahmadulla seems like a bit of cunt on the quiet. I'll never forget the incident with Jos Butler, one of the most placid blokes you'll ever meet.
Riyad is a shit talker, lol. Most of the BD guys have some attitude. The exceptions are Mominul and Mustafiz. They just go about their business. I think there's room for both types of personalities in a cricket team. They both add something. Humility and arrogance can mesh in a team environment to produce a very entertaining cocktail.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

saifulsohel05

Post by saifulsohel05 »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:40 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:01 am
But the BD boys have made a career out of beating Zimbabwe for better than a decade now. Surely, they are allowed to make some snide comments here and there I think.
Made a Career out of beating Zimbabwe in ODI's in their own backyard.

The fact Bangladesh hasn't toured Zimbabwe since 2013 when they lost the ODI series (Tests & t20s drawn) and Zimbabwe has toured there 5 times since has served to give Bangladesh bragging rights over Zimbabwe, granted Zimbabwe should have won at least a few ODI's in that time but until Bangladesh tour Zimbabwe and win I think they should show some respect.

This isn't the first time the BD guys have shown no respect to Zimbabwe and they've been punished once again.
Hlw, are u hiding reality? Can Zim board has financial capability to hold a series with BD in Zim? Hosting ZIM is not profitable either. Still we are doing that regularly.

saifulsohel05

Post by saifulsohel05 »

sloandog wrote:
sam_ahm wrote:
I however didn't like the fact thst Mahmudullah didn't even congratulate Zimbabwe on a famous win. That was poor sportsmanship.
Jos Butler cool guy? He irritated BD batsmen that whole series. He got back some revenge.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

saifulsohel05 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:18 pm

Hlw, are u hiding reality? Can Zim board has financial capability to hold a series with BD in Zim? Hosting ZIM is not profitable either. Still we are doing that regularly.
Thats a side issue. Its true, ZC is not interested in hosting BD (or any team apart from India and Australia) unless required.

But the main point is, BD holds still holds a slight advantage 14-13 across formats in Zimbabwe since 2004.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

saifulsohel05 wrote:
jaybro wrote:
Kriterion_BD wrote:
But the BD boys have made a career out of beating Zimbabwe for better than a decade now. Surely, they are allowed to make some snide comments here and there I think.

The fact Bangladesh hasn't toured Zimbabwe since 2013 when they lost the ODI series (Tests & t20s drawn) and Zimbabwe has toured there 5 times since has served to give Bangladesh bragging rights over Zimbabwe, granted Zimbabwe should have won at least a few ODI's in that time but until Bangladesh tour Zimbabwe and win I think they should show some respect.

This isn't the first time the BD guys have shown no respect to Zimbabwe and they've been punished once again.
Zimbabwe has hosted plenty of series against a range of different countries since 2013, I’m not hiding from reality mate.

I’m sure Zimbabwe would have hosted them if they wanted to come, they’ve hosted them many times prior to 2013
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:52 pm

Zimbabwe has hosted plenty of series against a range of different countries since 2013, I’m not hiding from reality mate.
Very few against sides that don't bring in much money. Remember that Afghanistan pay for their tours to Zimbabwe and the Associates get money from the ICC since they don't actually earn any money on their own.
I’m sure Zimbabwe would have hosted them if they wanted to come, they’ve hosted them many times prior to 2013
Its not fully in BCB's control.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/ ... icket-home

http://www.rediff.com/cricket/report/sr ... 130830.htm

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Pakistan and Sri Lanka would be similar to Bangladesh financially and Zimbabwe has hosted both of them in recent times.

Yes Zimbabwe has decided to scale back hosting Test matches but they haven’t said anything about not wanting to host ODI or t20 series.

On a side note I don’t understand why it’s so hard to make a profit or break even when hosting Bangladesh or Pakistan??? Surely you could sell the game to those countires? Their fans are cricket mad !!!
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimstarr
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimstarr »

saifulsohel05 wrote:
jaybro wrote:
Kriterion_BD wrote:

There is some arrogance in your statement

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

saifulsohel05 wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:22 pm
sloandog wrote:
sam_ahm wrote:
Jos Butler cool guy? He irritated BD batsmen that whole series. He got back some revenge.
I know Jos, yes, he is a very placid, relaxed man. To get him so angry and wound up on live tv suggests that something was said below the belt, from clearly a very average bloke/cricketer in Mhamidulla