2nd Test Build Up

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

2nd Test Build Up

Post by jaybro »

Didn't know which thread to throw this in so just started another

Very interested to see what pitch they produce for this match, recently they've really made it favourable to the spinners but it hasn't always been like that as the Shere Bangla has seen some high scoring Tests including the draws against the New Zealand in 2013 & the Windies 2012

From the First Test in 2007 v India to 2014 Prior to the Zimbabwe Test the Avg Runs per wicket was 37

From the Zimbabwe Test in 2014 till now the Avg Runs per wicket is 24

The last 3 Tests it drops even lower to 21

This tell us in recent times the pitch at the Shere Bangla will definitely be bowler friendly and scores of around 250 in the first innings is par with less in the second innings. The toss will be vital again and Zimbabwe's approach with the bat to be patient and bat time will be effective again.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: 2nd Test Build Up

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I just hope we bat time in this game. It turned out okay in the first game, but in the second Test all the pressure is on them to win and tie the series. We just need to draw.

So I hope we don't see any T20 theatrics from Taylor or Raza this time around. I want to see Moor and Chakabva with strike rates of 15. :lol:

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

I've no doubt they will produce a pitch that turns, but there is a chance this could backfire, particularly if Zimbabwe wins the toss and bats first, which would probably mean Bangladesh will have to bat last on it.

We have 4 spinners of our own who bowled pretty well in the first test, who I'm sure would get something out of a raging turner themselves. If we bat solidly (hopefully) in our first innings it could be interesting....

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Robbo wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:26 am
I've no doubt they will produce a pitch that turns, but there is a chance this could backfire, particularly if Zimbabwe wins the toss and bats first, which would probably mean Bangladesh will have to bat last on it.

We have 4 spinners of our own who bowled pretty well in the first test, who I'm sure would get something out of a raging turner themselves. If we bat solidly (hopefully) in our first innings it could be interesting....
We need to get 8 batters in the side and bat deep. Burl is a more than handy leg spinner and can really turn the ball, whilst Williams, Mavuta and Raza can take the main bulk of the spin.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Burl bowls legspin?Chinaman? Imagine an opener who also cleans up the tail when needed. He has a big big future for us if he does bowl legspin. Im hoping he kills it this coming domestic season
Last edited by TapsC on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Im hoping BT bats time. Sometimes I think he might be so good that he doesnt even see the need to have a look first. If he decides to stick around he will score big. We are going to need him and as many left handers as possible

Googly

Post by Googly »

All things being equal the possible series win is going to be decided at the toss.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

TapsC wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:45 pm
Burl bowls legspin?Chinaman? Imagine an opener who also cleans up the tail when needed. He has a big big future for us if he does bowl legspin. Im hoping he kills it this coming domestic season
Right arm leg spin, pretty slow loopy stuff but accurate and does get some real purchase from the deck.
That's what I'm saying. In dropping Chari for Burl, you get a player averaging 43 in FC cricket as well as another spin option. No fucking brainer

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

To win the series we need a draw. We should bat 8 deep and pile up the runs. Win the toss, bat for 2.5 days, series won.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Going off those numbers I put forward I doubt there will be a draw, need to go for the win
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement