Ministerial faux-pas.

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Ministerial faux-pas.

Post by Googly »

And Jaybro is 100% correct- had Cremer been captain and had she still contacted Taylor it wouldn’t have been worth a mention.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Im not defending the mistake. She made a mistake. Others will use it for other agendas. Thats the "they" im talking about. Example being Mehluli as you can see on twitter. He has a point but all im saying is that some people are making a big deal out of it. She was never in office before this.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Ridiculous. A faux-pas is a talking point. I wish the rest of the ministry only made booboos instead of wholesale corruption and incompetence.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

The thing is she didn't make a mistake at all. She contacted a close friend and congratulated them on winning a test match. We can argue all we want that she should have contacted Hammy, but we do not know the dynamics.

Zimbabweans love brandishing the race card willy nilly particularly if they do not have success. I've said this before, everyone wants all the riches, no one wants to work for it.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Whether it was right or wrong as politician you need to know the ‘social climate’ you’re in, she had to know people would take it this way. I’m politics you’ll always have haters so you need to be wary not to give them any reason to sling mud at you.

A point missed on most could be that Hamilton doesn’t have (or doesn’t use it) a twitter account and is never seen in social media, maybe Kirsty had no way of contacting him and was ringing BT to pass on the congratulations?

Either way it’s a mountain out of a mole hill from where I’m standing.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I think she needs to step down from her position now.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Googly wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:45 am
And Jaybro is 100% correct- had Cremer been captain and had she still contacted Taylor it wouldn’t have been worth a mention.
Cant be 100% because people would still have reminded her that Cremer was the captain. Its not even a race thing. People are just pointing out to her who the captain is. For a person in her position protocol dictates its.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Googly

Post by Googly »

I tend to agree. She’s wasting her time, she’s going to be roasted whatever she does based on the colour of her skin and I don’t think she’s thick skinned enough nor has the low animal cunning to do anything useful.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Googly wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:19 am
I tend to agree. She’s wasting her time, she’s going to be roasted whatever she does based on the colour of her skin and I don’t think she’s thick skinned enough nor has the low animal cunning to do anything useful.
Maybe gives some credibility on the world stage though. Maybe ED wants her out there spruiking Zim as a viable place for English teams (of all sports) to tour or something.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

This is such a non issue. I've seen twitter and people are making it an issue because she is white, BT is white, and it just happens to be that Hammy is the captain. From what I've seen on the field, I wouldn't be surprised if it was BT making most of the on field calls. Had Cremer been captain, no one would be saying anything.

Hammy deserves credit, but Kirsty is definitely not racist, and the only mistake she has made is not understanding the way such a call should be conducted. This is not her fault, this is systematic of the country. None of our politicians understand decorum or protocol.

This anti-colonial attitude needs to end or Zim will never ever progress.