Ministerial faux-pas.

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Ministerial faux-pas.

Post by Googly »

It’s probably a bit more than that. The minister tweeted that she’d contacted Taylor to congratulate him and she’s being roasted on Twitter for not contacting the captain first. I happen to know that she knows BT personally, but nonetheless her first foray into cricket has the old die hards still fighting the Chimurenga rubbing their hands together in glee. She’s on the back foot already, with an early nick off to second slip.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Ministerial faux-pas.

Post by jaybro »

Ahhh that’s frustrating but really somebody in her PR team (if she has one) needed to tell her to contact the captain.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

The racial innuendo is coming thick and fast. Not to worry about 300 000 Chinese recolonizing you, but God forbid make an error that can be gratefully misconstrued as a white racist full frontal attack by people desperately hoping they won’t be prised off the cookie jar. . Maybe we need a Chinese Chairman- obviously he’d need to be called Mao, or perhaps even Mau Mau?

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Damn I hate the Us v Them mentality. It needs to stop in Zim now. I know many black Zimbabweans who don't believe this, but I have met a many others who constantly believe there is a liberation struggle they are fighting. Why does it always have to be such bullshit with this country.

It was a personal tweet. All likelihood she contacted BT directly. Might not know Hammy in that manner. Why do people always want to look in to the Us vs Them nonsense.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Sounds like they are trying to create a narrative in case she goes after them. I said they would do this. This is how they operate. Now if she goes after them they will use the race card. Works every single time. To beat these guys you need to lower yourself to that level and understand how they operate.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

TapsC wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:24 pm
Sounds like they are trying to create a narrative in case she goes after them. I said they would do this. This is how they operate. Now if she goes after them they will use the race card. Works every single time. To beat these guys you need to lower yourself to that level and understand how they operate.
Truth.
You need to know the game/mentality.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

Yes this will find traction amongst a surprising number of people. When will people move on and stop living in the past?

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

Googly wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:53 pm
The racial innuendo is coming thick and fast. Not to worry about 300 000 Chinese recolonizing you, but God forbid make an error that can be gratefully misconstrued as a white racist full frontal attack by people desperately hoping they won’t be prised off the cookie jar. . Maybe we need a Chinese Chairman- obviously he’d need to be called Mao, or perhaps even Mau Mau?
The innuendo wouldn't have been necessary had she been been sensitive, mentally aware and contacted the captain first. Its an error on her part. From what I saw people weren't outraged (who would be be, at the Golden Gilrl; people adore Kirsty Coventry and it will take 10 mistakes before the first sign of anger or exasperation. And that is a luxury thats not afforded to everybody else and dare I say some cricketers on this forum.) but gently reminded her that it was proper that she goes to the captain first.

Like you correctly pointed out, its a faux pas and its not proper that you try and defend it.
TapsC wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:24 pm
It was on twitter, I don't know who is they, Taps

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

It’s one of those things if she wasn’t the Sports Minister and she tweeted that she spoke to BT it’s a non story but the fact she is people get their nickers in a knot.

Also let’s say for instance Cremer was still captain and Kirsty tweeted that she contacted BT again it’s a non story and I’d guarantee you these people on twitter having a cry wouldn’t even think twice about it.

These issues will always surface
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

Where do you see me defending it?