[Match Thread] Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe, 2nd Test, Dhaka

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: [Match Thread] Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe, 2nd Test, Dhaka

Post by TapsC »

Lost that session badly but it is perfect for batting now. Looking back had Chari caught that and the umpire given Mushy out LBW we would have almost certainly killed the game in the first session. I only see success coming from the new ball here. Jarvis and Chatara need to rest until then.

Its going to be a good game. We need to keep them below 350.

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:39 am
Well, Ervine did score more in a single innings in SL last year than Chari's entire Test tally.
I don't think it's that much of a fringe stance to say that Ervine would have been a better bet than Chari in this series.
A guaranteed failure, that's what he would have been. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to suggest that Craig Ervine can succeed in Bangladesh, I repeat nothing.
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:42 am
Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:39 am
Well, Ervine did score more in a single innings in SL last year than Chari's entire Test tally.
I don't think it's that much of a fringe stance to say that Ervine would have been a better bet than Chari in this series.
Absolutely. Ervine, Raza, Taylor, and now Williams are the undroppable players for ZIM. Also Jarvis, and Cremer. And reluctantly Hamilton.
Strangley Chatara is missing from that list. As always some naked bias from Kriterion . I hesitate to say more.

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

TapsC wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:24 am
Lost that session badly but it is perfect for batting now. Looking back had Chari caught that and the umpire given Mushy out LBW we would have almost certainly killed the game in the first session. I only see success coming from the new ball here. Jarvis and Chatara need to rest until then.

Its going to be a good game. We need to keep them below 350.
I would say Chari deserves to be dropped for that costly miss alone more than all these other arguments being bandied about. :x

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I'm fine with Ervine being given a spell on the sidelines but Chari is not the answer.

I get what you're saying, he only gets a game here and there so how can we judge his performances - but the reason he only gets a game here and there is because he never does enough to warrant continued selection. Averages 13 in both forms of the game, that says it all.

Free Spirit

Post by Free Spirit »

Absolute stupidity not taking the new ball here. Can't think of any logical reason

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

All I can think of is that we want to have a couple of overs with it tonight so that it's still new tomorrow morning, when the conditions might favour the seamers more?

But yeah, at this point we need to try something. The spinners have been woeful.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Yay Chari caught one

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

:lol:

Chatara deserved a wicket, he's bowled very tight today.

Hope we can nip out the nightwatchman before stumps, 5/300 is much more respectable.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:23 am
:lol:

Chatara deserved a wicket, he's bowled very tight today.

Hope we can nip out the nightwatchman before stumps, 5/300 is much more respectable.
Jarvis obliges. :W:
Good review

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

How long will the pitch behave like this for? Thats the real question. I think 3.5 days. We need to dig in and bat time when we get our chance. Bangladesh only have 2 fast bowlers I think. If thats the case then we just need to see off the newball and we will be ok.