[Match Thread] Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe, 2nd Test, Dhaka

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: [Match Thread] Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe, 2nd Test, Dhaka

Post by foreignfield »

I hate to be so pessimistic, but I don't think we will be able to bat this out. At least the second new ball has given us some hope of keeping BD under 400.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I agree TapsC & foreignfield, we should bat for time from the word go. Take as much time out of the game as possible... it's up to BD to save the series, that could work to our favour.

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:53 am
I agree TapsC & foreignfield, we should bat for time from the word go. Take as much time out of the game as possible... it's up to BD to save the series, that could work to our favour.
Yes, there is a scenario where BD might self-destruct in the second innings. But that's sheer speculation at this point.

Robbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Robbo »

This is all going to depend on our first innings . If we bat solidly and get over 300 we are still in the game. If we collapse for 170 we are in trouble.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Robbo wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:37 am
This is all going to depend on our first innings . If we bat solidly and get over 300 we are still in the game. If we collapse for 170 we are in trouble.
We need more than 300. I'd say we need at the very least, to achieve whatever BD's first innings score is.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

The Robot wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:22 am
]

What a joke.?

Afghans have white washed BD recently in T20s with their best players in the squad, won an odi in Asia Cup 2018, nearly kicked Bangladesh out in another encounter. Afghans are very much near to win their first test in first appearance against Bangladesh/Windies or even Sri Lanka and also an odi series if it happens sooner or later.

Bangladesh at present mainly plays the game with mouth, then in the field, and also have the habit of blamming umpires. :D.Aggressive instinct is effective if it gives result otherwise it become a huge joke.
Please check your facts.

I mentioned ODIs specifically. T20s I could care less, and even then Mustafiz was missing from the squad. But I'll admit, Afghans are significantly better T20 side than us. Don't mind as I don't rate the format.

Afghans nearly won an ODI in Asia Cup...BD nearly won the Asia Cup without their 2 leading players.

Check the ODI win-loss record. Since the last WC, BD has the 3rd or 4th best record.

#FakePost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

TapsC wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:24 am
Looking back had Chari caught that and the umpire given Mushy out LBW we would have almost certainly killed the game in the first session.

Mushy would have reivew that inside edge.

Mominul did what all the good batters do: take full advantage of a lucky break and punish the bowling/fielding. Recall Tendulkar's hundred in South Africa in 2011. Was dropped twice before reaching 50, plus had a plumb lbw not given (no DRS in those days) and went on to hit a widely acclaimed 150+ score vs Steyn and company.

What is noteworthy is not a chance was given apart from those others. Hardly a play and miss even.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I fear if Zimbabwe can save this. They haven't bowled well, dropped chances which is not good at all. It ain't going to be easy, Taylor will have to bat like Andy Flower and others like Williams, Raza, Moor have to support him well for Zim to have any chance of saving this.

Ervine should gave played this game ahead of Chari. Chari needs to step up for once.

At worst this will be a drawn series which is still a good result for Zimbabwe.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

I agree sam_ahm.

A bit of rain wouldn't hurt either. I think from this position BD would have to spectacularly implode to go on to lose the match.

The Robot

Post by The Robot »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:00 pm
The Robot wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:22 am
]

What a joke.?

Afghans have white washed BD recently in T20s with their best players in the squad, won an odi in Asia Cup 2018, nearly kicked Bangladesh out in another encounter. Afghans are very much near to win their first test in first appearance against Bangladesh/Windies or even Sri Lanka and also an odi series if it happens sooner or later.

Bangladesh at present mainly plays the game with mouth, then in the field, and also have the habit of blamming umpires. :D.Aggressive instinct is effective if it gives result otherwise it become a huge joke.
Please check your facts.

I mentioned ODIs specifically. T20s I could care less, and even then Mustafiz was missing from the squad. But I'll admit, Afghans are significantly better T20 side than us. Don't mind as I don't rate the format.

Afghans nearly won an ODI in Asia Cup...BD nearly won the Asia Cup without their 2 leading players.

Check the ODI win-loss record. Since the last WC, BD has the 3rd or 4th best record.

#FakePost
Afghans 3 Bangladesh 4 isn't bad out of 7 odis, neck to neck fight. Even the opponent team in the Asia Cup was out of 2 individuals, some one who is regarded as " BEST IN THE WORLD. " at present and another one who already made Mushy looked joker in an global event.
Robo to rule :oops: