[Match Thread] Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe, 2nd Test, Dhaka

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: [Match Thread] Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe, 2nd Test, Dhaka

Post by zimbos_05 »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:04 am

Yeah Jarvis and Tiripano should have bowled 15 over spells to open the innings :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but honestly speaking, don't see why they couldn't have bowled at least 8 each, or been given a one over break and bought back on.

If Bangladesh can score 224 that quickly, then there is enough in the pitch for the batsmen. Again, it comes back to basics and just using your head a little bit.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Stoneman Returns wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:34 am

Doesnt seems fatigue, were very much fit. Commentators Edward was shouting for the wrong move to include spinner that time.A team who plays just 2 tests in a year should be delivering, when the conditions favouring them with the new ball instead of fatigue, tired etc shit excuses
I give this comment 1/10
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

And yes Conant to answer your question if BT or Hamilton consistently dropped catches in the slips they should be moved out of there

Look at how many runs Regis' misses cost the side

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:44 am

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but honestly speaking, don't see why they couldn't have bowled at least 8 each, or been given a one over break and bought back on.

If Bangladesh can score 224 that quickly, then there is enough in the pitch for the batsmen. Again, it comes back to basics and just using your head a little bit.

Why do you think fast bowlers rarely bowl long spells??

I'll tell you it's because if they bowl longer spells they fatigue too much, they only have so many overs in them and the more you bowl in a row you decrease that overall total they can get out in a day.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Anyways legends this argument has had enough air time, I'm going to kick back and enjoy the cricket

Googly

Post by Googly »

BT is not the best gloveman, Murray is.

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

Any word on Murray's plans googly. When does he finish uni?

Also you said Welch was going to L'Borough which chimes against rumours I heard of him coming back. Does he have any interest in Zim long term?

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I think we will probably see more kids taking that Hami route and only reappearing after uni. The way ZC and Zimbabwe is setup its not worth starting a cricket career straight out of highschool if you have the option. We dont offer stability. Especially when you are not in the national squad So the question should then be when do these guys finish uni? A couple of the guys currently playing actually have degrees I think.

Decent start so far.

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

Yes decent. Please don't get out playing dickhead aggressive shots.

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

From the bit of what I have seen of Chari in his 48 balls 25 runs so far is clear potential. He does have shots too, proper ones. He is no Vusi Sibanda but he might yet be more successful than him. Somebody conceded that he has so far been picked by successive coaches. I see what they saw in him. What he needs is match practice, a game or two to get going, which he never does seem to egt properly because we never play anything. He needs to try ad get into the one day side to play more and fulfill his potential.

One swallow does not a summer make but just as I have already been vindicated on Chari in two short innings, and so I will be proved right about Chakabva because I don't view players with biased lances.

Murray is the only wicket keeper better than Chakabva, not Taylor. And no, nobody has answered this question still: Why bother with Chakabva if you can just hand the gloves over to Taylor? Somebody said workload. :lol:
Last edited by Conant on Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.