[Match Thread] Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe, 2nd Test, Dhaka

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: [Match Thread] Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe, 2nd Test, Dhaka

Post by TapsC »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:47 am
brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:42 am
Great batting BT, the mistakes and the loss take the shine off it but he did what nobody else could do
Hard to be too critical of the guy he scored two hundreds

But yes his shot in the first innings so close to stumps and the run-out were awful

In the end I think the boys did ok considering they lost the toss, lost Chatara and all their spinners had shockers.

From what Mehlui Sibanda said on twitter the India series will be hosted by Zimbabwe now and will likely be just ODI's

The Afghanistan series has been deferred to 2020

He also said Zimbabwe won't host any series which will cost them money so there is a good chance the Windies tour will be also be deferred or shortened

2019 looks to be a very quiet year for Zimbabwe
If it is quiet then they should have maybe extended the domestic season. That definitely means there will be no test cricket in Zim for a while. We should use a quiet year maybe to focus on the youngsters and get some A games.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:53 am

If it is quiet then they should have maybe extended the domestic season. That definitely means there will be no test cricket in Zim for a while. We should use a quiet year maybe to focus on the youngsters and get some A games.
2019 is apparently all about 'survival' for ZC they'll look to work on reducing their debt and will rely on the new ODI league for constant fixtures and a source of income in 2020.

Sounds really bleak for 2019 unless ZC can find someone to host them, there is the tour of Ireland as well but they also have financial difficulties regarding hosting Test matches.

Maybe the Netherlands or Scotland would like to host Zimbabwe?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Might be time to tour Pakistan again if the price is right

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:43 am
Conant wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:37 am

:D :D :lol: Surrend
Why would I ? Im right lol

You just keep saying the swallow summer thing lol
No, I surrendered. :D :D

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Conant wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:01 am
jaybro wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:43 am
Conant wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:37 am

:D :D :lol: Surrend
Why would I ? Im right lol

You just keep saying the swallow summer thing lol
No, I surrendered. :D :D
oh ok good lol

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I tell you one thing I’m not going miss Mushfiqur’s vooce ober the stump mic or those shitty Bangladeshi commentators

I will miss Eggy the chicken though

Jayb

Post by Jayb »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:33 am
I tell you one thing I’m not going miss Mushfiqur’s vooce ober the stump mic or those shitty Bangladeshi commentators

Agreed Jaybro, Mushfiqur, those fuckwits at silly point, the prayer horns, shit Bangla commentators and the dog on the field all pissed me off this series.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Jayb wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:41 am
jaybro wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:33 am

Agreed Jaybro, Mushfiqur, those fuckwits at silly point, the prayer horns, shit Bangla commentators and the dog on the field all pissed me off this series.
😂😂😂😂

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Well overall I think we really exceeded expectations in this series. We all would have taken 1-1 beforehand. :D

I think everyone contributed at some point over the course of the series which is so pleasing.

The standouts I think are obviously Jarvis and Taylor. Jarvis was outstanding throughout the whole series and his Test bowling average is now 27.60 (46 wickets from 12 games) - showing that he is becoming seriously good. I reckon he had a 10/10 series given that Bangladesh isn't exactly a seamers paradise and he bowled so well anyway.

Taylor I give maybe 7/10 because he didn't do anything in the 1st Test - but he couldn't have done much more in the 2nd. He threw it away in the first innings with a shocker of a shot, and sold Chakabva down the river in the second, but that aside it was a very impressive Test match. He and Moor demonstrated to everyone that it was not a minefield - had a few others stood up maybe we could have held out for a draw.

Taylor's batting average is over 35 now (65 vs BD). His highest career average was 36.69 in 2014, one more good innings and he'll go past that. Plenty of records tumbled in the 2nd innings... he's only the 14th batsman at Test level to have scored two centuries in a match on more than one occasion. He moves to 6 hundreds, equal with Grant Flower - and I think it was 16 overall to draw level with Andy.

Honourable mention to PJ Moor - he had a really good series. He's a bonafide automatic selection in Tests now - look at his record, very consistent: http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine ... view=match - he just looks good at Test level when he's got time on his hands. He can attack when he wants to, he can knuckle down when he wants to. Hopefully he can add a century to his record soon.

The downsides - obviously Chatara's injury. Had he stayed on the park, maybe we draw this game. Otherwise, probably Mavuta showed he's not ready at Test level yet. It's good that he got a taste with that 4-fer in the 1st Test when Zim had the momentum, but this match showed he's got a long way to go.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:29 am
Well overall I think we really exceeded expectations in this series. We all would have taken 1-1 beforehand. :D

I think everyone contributed at some point over the course of the series which is so pleasing.

The standouts I think are obviously Jarvis and Taylor. Jarvis was outstanding throughout the whole series and his Test bowling average is now 27.60 (46 wickets from 12 games) - showing that he is becoming seriously good. I reckon he had a 10/10 series given that Bangladesh isn't exactly a seamers paradise and he bowled so well anyway.

Taylor I give maybe 7/10 because he didn't do anything in the 1st Test - but he couldn't have done much more in the 2nd. He threw it away in the first innings with a shocker of a shot, and sold Chakabva down the river in the second, but that aside it was a very impressive Test match. He and Moor demonstrated to everyone that it was not a minefield - had a few others stood up maybe we could have held out for a draw.

Taylor's batting average is over 35 now (65 vs BD). His highest career average was 36.69 in 2014, one more good innings and he'll go past that. Plenty of records tumbled in the 2nd innings... he's only the 14th batsman at Test level to have scored two centuries in a match on more than one occasion. He moves to 6 hundreds, equal with Grant Flower - and I think it was 16 overall to draw level with Andy.

Honourable mention to PJ Moor - he had a really good series. He's a bonafide automatic selection in Tests now - look at his record, very consistent: http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine ... view=match - he just looks good at Test level when he's got time on his hands. He can attack when he wants to, he can knuckle down when he wants to. Hopefully he can add a century to his record soon.

The downsides - obviously Chatara's injury. Had he stayed on the park, maybe we draw this game. Otherwise, probably Mavuta showed he's not ready at Test level yet. It's good that he got a taste with that 4-fer in the 1st Test when Zim had the momentum, but this match showed he's got a long way to go.
I agree with everything there, but i think a special mention needs to go to Brian Chari. I'm eating humble pie with knife, fork and spoon right now as I wrote him off massively. He showed some balls in this match, and looked gritty and determined, Zimbabwe 1990's style. His shots over the top were actually pure class; i know, i never thought i'd say that about Brian but yea, it looks effortless and to hit a spinner like Tajiul over extra over and over the top for maximums, which such ease, shows he has somehting. Still looks tentative against the new ball but he's proved to me that there's soemthing to work with there. I still want to see Ryan Burl incorporated somewhere, the same with Tari but in ODI's.

Well done boys, you've given us something to smile about amid a sea of political trouble.