Lalchand rajput's Short term Evaluation

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Lalchand rajput's Short term Evaluation

Post by Googly »

zimdis wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:18 pm
Haha. Disheartening to see that you guys don't care to appreciate or even criticize someone who has world class experience in coaching.
Tough to understand who else is serious out here with ZC as a whole ?
:lol: just seen this.
We’re all serious here, bud. We’ve seen good coaches come and go, and some shit ones, and it never seems to affect the results much. If your man can make a difference we will support him 100%. He needs to understand who the divisive players and other personnel are and learn how to deal with the politics here. I’m not sure how he does that successfully because that seems to be the major problem. I’ve spoken to most of the ex coaches over the years and within seconds it looks like they’re chewing wasps when you get them onto the subject of meddling Admin and lack of co-operation from some senior players.

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:07 am
To be honest i struggle to understand what a coach does for an international cricket team outside of selection and motivation.
If it were Heath Streak I'm sure you wold have heaped plaudits...

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Conant wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:36 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
To be honest i struggle to understand what a coach does for an international cricket team outside of selection and motivation.
People here did for Heath Streak a bit too much. For me the coach who can feel hard done the most by was Whatmore.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I don't think Streak or Whatmore deserved to be sacked
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:10 am
The first brave step would be to name a younger captain. That is a clear sign of a change of direction.
It would be brave because all of the younger players have stunk it up when given a chance.

There's a theory that you should 1st pick your captain then pick your side, I don't agree with that. I've always found it ridiculous that you would have a player in the side just because he is a good captain or leader, you need to pick your side first then pick the captain.

By appointing a younger player you would be applying the first theory I mentioned because none of the younger guys really have cemented their spot in the side except for maybe PJ but even he really is lucky to be in the limited overs sides.

Picking someone like Tari to captain would be a terrible idea right now.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Conant wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:36 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Why?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

:lol: we’re about to go down this path again. It’s like politics and religion, hard to change someone’s mind without a riot squad.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Trivia for those not in the know of Indian languages: Part Hindi, Part Sanskrit in this case:

Lalchand = Red Moon
Rajput = King's Son

Rajputs are one of the most well known former princely communities of northern India known for their valour.

Googly

Post by Googly »

If you look at all the big sides practically all the players are almost the finished article by the time they make the side. Even at county level, by the time you get selected you really know your game and have real ability and it’s just a bit of fine tuning. The long list of coaches we’ve had have really had their work cut out for them. Forget the off-field politics, they’re dealing with a lot of players that are marginal internationals. The work required on some of these guys should have been done at the level below franchise, we’re that far behind.
All the foreign coaches and Streak and Flower are marketable and sought after beyond our borders. Can we say the same for our other current ZC coaches? Well that remains to be seen.
Streak got a bad rap for discussing selections with a couple of guys that was taken as racist, despite strong evidence that he isn’t. Our loss to Afghanistan was not grounds to fire him, we’ve literally lost dozens of games with no repercussions for anyone. We’ve had so many coaches we know that the coaches are not the problem. Making Ervine a scape goat when the top order constantly failed is equally ridiculous.
Flower has markedly improved Pakistan’s batting and those guys rate him highly, yet didn’t have much success with most of our guys. Methinks he’s not the problem. You will have to search far and wide to find a more dedicated cricketer and coach.
Streak and Flower are part of the Old Guard that make the incumbents extremely uncomfortable, there’s so much history there and most of it is not that good, a new guy comes along and suddenly everyone starts with a clean slate, that’s what gives comfort.
Having an Indian coach with a good pedigree is a good idea, it’s going to be difficult to accuse of any sort of prejudice, for a while at least.

Here’s what Zimbabwe require of him- we need to start winning some games, nothing less. It’s not enough to say well we’re showing signs of improvement and we’ve run a few teams close, that ain’t going to cut it.
He will be judged on results, not on how hard we tried. He’s got more or less the same players that all the other coaches have had so it’s going to be an easy comparison.

Googly

Post by Googly »

It remains to be seen if he clashes with the hierarchy, as I said earlier, that will dictate how long he lasts. If you’re not a yes man it’s an uphill battle.