Zimbos in Mzansi Super League T20 2018

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Zimbos in Mzansi Super League T20 2018

Post by Black Mamba »

The 2018 Mzansi Super League to be kicked off today 16th december.

Zimbos Playing in Mzansi Super League T20 :

Brandon Mavuta in Durban Heat

Sikandar Raza & Sean Williams in Tshwane Spartans

Googly

Re: Zimbos in Mzansi Super League T20 2018

Post by Googly »

Let’s hope the boys do well as it paves the way for others.
Really surprised BT didn’t get the nod.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

To be honest I'm really pleased for Sean. He's been a mainstay in the side for a long time now and really has been one of the more consistent players we've had. Glad he's been given an opportunity to earn some extra money and get his name out there. You never know where it could lead if he has a shit hot tournament

zimdis

Post by zimdis »

Would love to see if Sean can play part and win some games for his side. He might surely come into contention for IPL contracts next year. Who knows ?

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Hopefully these opportunities will open the eyes of young Zimbabwean cricketers. None of these guys would have got these T20 contracts if they were toiling away in a County 2nd XI in the UK. Playing f Zimorbabwe and staying in the ZC system can potentially be a fast-track to international recognition and greater wealth. Welch, Bryom, Lake, etc should watch this space closely.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Nanctus

Post by Nanctus »

Raza made a run-a-ball 20 in his Mzansi Super League debut. Williams still to bat, hopefully he carries that form from the Bangladesh series into these games.

I think Williams showed his capability against good pace units during that brief tour of SA, so I have some confidence in him. His team are in a bad shape now, especially with de Villiers out cheaply, so he's got a chance to put his name out there now.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Williams came in at 9 a couple of fours but then opened the bowling 0/19 off 2

Raza bowled a good first over but Zondo & Albie Morkel got stuck into him in his second which went for 19 that pretty much cost them the game in the end
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Sean Williams has been one of zims best odi players the last10 years and on stats alone he would defs make a squad of the greatest 15 zim odi players in our history ( my point of view ) he’s a modern middle over batsman. Able to rotate the strike and up the scoring when required , very decent bowler and more than capable fielder. I remember before the qualifiers how many people on here wanted him gone 😂
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Andybligzz wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:14 am
Sean Williams has been one of zims best odi players the last10 years and on stats alone he would defs make a squad of the greatest 15 zim odi players in our history ( my point of view ) he’s a modern middle over batsman. Able to rotate the strike and up the scoring when required , very decent bowler and more than capable fielder. I remember before the qualifiers how many people on here wanted him gone 😂
Yea we were two of the few blokes on here who actually pushed for his inclusion; madness.
Williams has been ace for some time now. Granted his form dipped slightly last year but class is permanent. I've been really impressed with him

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Last edited by ZIMDOGGY on Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*