Lomagundi Super 8’s

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Lomagundi Super 8’s

Post by Googly »

I popped into Lomagundi School to their school cricket festival. It was absolutely wonderfully organized and what magnificent cricketing facilities. Four immaculate cricket fields in close proximity to each other and each team headed up by past players who brought a great vibe and energy to the occasion. The teams were mixed ages (15-18), I’m not too sure why there weren’t more older boys available and it made for a lower standard, but I think the younger lads would have benefited immensely. I even saw a television crew there with a platform set up on the main field. It was good to see these team managers enjoying themselves, they’ve got so much to offer, but want no part of the current dispensation, who in turn want no part of them, a generation of experience lost.
Hats off to the organizers, brilliantly done. It was disappointing that there weren’t more spectators, maybe more will pitch up today, but there are less games so perhaps not. Black parents really need to buy into cricket or we won’t progress. I’d say maybe 60-70% of the players were black kids and not more than a handful of their parents were there.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Lomagundi Super 8’s

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Give it 15 years Googly, it'll be a generational thing.

When you have the kids of the Masakadza's and the Maruma's and the Mupariwa's and all of the other cricketing families playing school cricket, you can be guaranteed the parents will be showing interest then.