Strang or Cremer?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Strang or Cremer?

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

A question I ask myself a lot is who is the better of the two?

Both are good leggies who can hold a bat.

For me Strang wins by the length of one of Jaybro’s pubic hairs because he had similar success against better opponents. However he was in a better team.

He was probably a significantly better bat but Cremer is a gutsy determined number 8/9 and that is exactly what we need.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jaybro

Re: Strang or Cremer?

Post by jaybro »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:04 am
For me Strang wins by the length of one of Jaybro’s pubic hairs
Why mine?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Probably Strang. He'd be at 7 in this team rather than Cremer's 8. I really think the bowling is pretty comparable.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Strang by a distance, played against better opposition and could probably open the batting for our current side :lol:

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Cremer.

Strang would be about 50 now.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Strang by a distance. This is not even a contest even now. Cremer bowled a boundary ball an over even till 1.5 years ago. Improved significantly in recent times. Strang had better control, had a great flipper, and was a more natural batsman. Was also an excellent fielder. If not for the injury cutting short his playing days, he would have been known around the world like Streak was towards the end of his career.

And Strang also had such an adorable innocent smile :D

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Paul Strang quite easily I think. He really toiled away against the worlds best and succeeded. Strang of course did benefit from a better supporting cast and selectors who had a clue. Cremer's development was seriously hindered early on his career by being thrown in too soon, then discarded as a "test-only" player during our suspensions.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Sadly didn’t see much of Strang so I have to go with Cremer , considering all the leggies around the world that come and go Cremer has been quiet brilliant . He doesn’t get to play Zimbabwe and has to bowl to the big boys , yes he bowls some rank half trackers. But genuinely he is a aggressive wicket taking bowler and more than capable with the bat . He also lives and breathes for zim and I believe he was robbed of showing us what a good captain he could be . He’s one of my favourite players for Zim ever and there is nothing better than watching a decent leggy bowl , something about it is so exciting. I know most of the forum is saying Strang, but I can only go off what I’ve seen. Can’t wait to hopefully see him and Mavuta bowl in tandum one day !
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

But at the end of the day Blignaut could have bowled better leg spin than both of them, left or right hand take your pick.
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

What about Andy Blignaut being ambidextrous.?

In odi, 4 overs left arm fast, 4 overs right arm fast, one over
chinaman and one over left arm orthodox
Robo to rule :oops: