Domestic season Build up (or lack there of)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Domestic season Build up (or lack there of)

Post by Andybligzz »

Jayden schadendorf is also in aus in Western Australia where I live and is playing at south perth cricket club which is down the road from me. Going to go down and watch a few games and I’m sure I can ask what’s going on with a lot of the younger gen. I don’t think it’s long term with him either .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Andybligzz wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:02 pm
I spoke to roache last week , he is away for 2 years . He’s keen to play for zim in the future . He’s also living in new Zealand with his gf . His girlfriend shared the post on his Facebook wall. Might be playing club cricket in aus but living in nz you can come across to aus and stay as long as you want as long as you are working .
Andybligzz wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:08 pm
Jayden schadendorf is also in aus in Western Australia where I live and is playing at south perth cricket club which is down the road from me. Going to go down and watch a few games and I’m sure I can ask what’s going on with a lot of the younger gen. I don’t think it’s long term with him either .
Great to know. Do keep us updated about their progress.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:01 pm
Andybligzz wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:02 pm
I spoke to roache last week , he is away for 2 years . He’s keen to play for zim in the future . He’s also living in new Zealand with his gf . His girlfriend shared the post on his Facebook wall. Might be playing club cricket in aus but living in nz you can come across to aus and stay as long as you want as long as you are working .
Andybligzz wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:08 pm
Great to know. Do keep us updated about their progress.
Yea, thought he'd moved to NZ and not Oz.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Nice work AndyBligzz 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

It theory it’s actually a good thing for these young fellas to go overseas at their age and improve their skills etc. ZC can’t really afford to offer them anything until they’re in the top 12 cricketers in the country to get a central contract, plus they’re better off developing their skills overseas anyways.

The problem is if they never come back, but if they return once BT and co. retire then it’s a big win for ZC, they’ll reap all the rewards without the investment.

Obviously not the ideal situation as we’d rather ZC be able to produce and develop their own guys but we know that’s a not gonna happen
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

putting my legal hat on here.

Coming for two years to oz implies he is coming on a working holiday visa for under 30's. Thats how long they are.Could be a coincidence but this marries up if he is a citizen of the EU or UK.

NZ and aussies can live and work interchangeably as if they are citizens. He's either playing some loopholkes with visitor and WH Visas or hes an aussie/kiwi citizen.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:46 pm
putting my legal hat on here.

Coming for two years to oz implies he is coming on a working holiday visa for under 30's. Thats how long they are.Could be a coincidence but this marries up if he is a citizen of the EU or UK.

NZ and aussies can live and work interchangeably as if they are citizens. He's either playing some loopholkes with visitor and WH Visas or hes an aussie/kiwi citizen.
Don’t think he’s coming to aus for 2 years think he’s based in NZ and playing a season in aus.
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Any Pakistani & Indian recruits in this domestic season.Rizwan Haider, Jalat Khan & Mohammad Eqlakh featured earlier.
Robo to rule :oops:

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I think a lot of these kids will come back in the future.

As much as you only have maybe 15 or 16 guys making a decent living from central contracts I also dont think there is an easier test playing nation to crack that 15. Literally 1 fire season and you are in the team.

Those other routes like county are not easy. T20 cricket also adds another factor because international cricket gives you instant exposure and recognition. Think of Mavuta and how 2 weeks in SA got him a T20 gig.

I would say somebody like Malcolm Lake could come back next week in form, tear it up for 3 months and he might find himself playing against India in March. It doesnt get easier than that if you are good enough.

Just look at how Blessing Muzarabani went from nothing to a kolpak in less than a year. His first domestic game was in October 2017! 5 logan cup games and he was already playing a test against the Proteas. Its that easy if you are good enough

Ryan Murray has played 5 ODIs already. I think he had only played 2 List A and 2 First class games before that. It doesnt get easier than that.
Last edited by TapsC on Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Jayden seems like a ripper fella but he’s got 4 trials with counties in derybyshire , Essex , Nottingham and Leicester . He’s got a uk passport through his dad and a Aussie passport from living here when he was a kid . He said he would love to represent zim in the future hopefully when the cricket is strong again ( can imagine he means money). Don’t think that’s a possibility :/ I agree with if you want to play at the highest level then zim is your platform for sure .