Domestic season Build up (or lack there of)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Domestic season Build up (or lack there of)

Post by jaybro »

Domestic season kicks off in a few days without much fuss or attention it seems, haven't seen much talk on social media apart from the release of the draw for the 'shortened' season. The rains seem to have hit Zimbabwe as well so we're likely to see some wash outs.

No idea of any squad changes apart from Jongwe going to the Eagles, I also seen young Tony Munyonga will join him at Mashonaland. Apart from that it's unclear where the rest of the ZRS guys will go? Most of the guys had previously played for one of the sides so you'd think they will just return to those sides.

Hopefully we see so movement around the squads with some sides seemingly harvesting too much talent or too many of the same type of players in their squads, for example if Mavuta returns to the MWR they'll have Cremer, Chisoro & Mavuta!!! Those guys are arguably 3 of the best spinners in the country, they need to all be playing every match so it would be a shame to see one or two of those guys on the bench especially when the Eagles & Tuskers are trotting out Mufudza & Ndolvu.

The Mountaineers have a really stacked roster especially in the top 3 batting spots, they have Mawoyo, Hamilton, Kasuza, Vusi, both Kaia bros and possibly Kamunhukamwe. Once again we don't want these guys missing out whilst the other three sides will open with 'never gonna make it' players averaging 16 in Logan Cup.

The first few rounds will see a few national team players miss out due to overseas' gigs, Williams, Raza & Mavuta are in South Africa whilst BT is in Sharjah, Raza and BT are also listed to play in the BPL & PSL, apart from that hopefully we see the rest of the guys playing every match. Guys like Craig Ervine, Solomon Mire and Ryan Burl need to be making some serious runs if they want to get back into the national team for the India series in March.

I'm hoping for a big season for a couple of my favourites Neville Madziva and Carl Mumba from the Rhinos, with Blessing and Vitori gone Zimbabwe are short on pace bowlers so there is a big chance for anyone who wants it and has a good season.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Domestic season Build up (or lack there of)

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Hoping to see regular game time for Shumba, Madhevere, Roche.
Hoping for a blockbuster season for Mashinge.
Hoping against hope to see Matigimu turn up in one of the squads.

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Zimbabwe has got few problems as per test matches are concerned. Focus on Logan Cup will be to find an opening batsman who can play long innings with sound technic not like inconsistent Chari. Biggest worry is Regis Chakabva that costed Zimbabwe 2 series win. Needs to look beyond and find new talent then that tourist guy Ryan Murray.

Eyes will be on Jongwe, Faraz Akram, William Mashinge to capture the allrounder spot as Tiripano emerged as failure at international level, done nothing with the bat.As per pacers, Carl Mumba's return will be as expected.

Doesnt want to see ( but it will happen surely.) Chibabha, Chigumbura, Nyumbu, Mowayo, Sibanda, Zhuwao, Mpofu,Mutizwa, Maruma responsible for benching young players as ZRS is not taking part. These players should get less opportunity as they are big failures.
Robo to rule :oops:

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:53 am
Yes would be nice, in a perfect world the sides would be filled with guys in and around the national team with the youngsters sprinkled around them, but we will likely see the usual 'never gonna make it' guys or as Mamba/Robot/Stoneman like to call them 'Useless old failures'

Mashinge is definitely a player to watch and player Zimbabwe needs to have a big season, Tiripano's ceiling is only so high and with his great heart he reaches it just about every game, problem is it's not high enough, they need one of these young all rounders to relieve him of his duties

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I hope the risisng stars are stacked into the eagles and tuskers. The rhinos and mountaineers already have decent squads at full stregnth.

We need some new pace bowlers and an allrounder to challenge Don. So I am hoping either Mire bowls this whole season because his place doesnt look as secure anymore and I am also hoping Mashinge amd Jongwe come good. For the pace bowlers I am looking at Mumba and Masuku. Its a shame that we never got to see a Mumba, Muzarabani bowling pair for the stars.

I also agree that some teams have distortions. The Mountaineers also have 2 leg spinners. The mountaineers team for me is far too strong because it has a lot of players who dont make the national team.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

I hope there will be cricket to follow.

Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Stoneman Returns »

Want to see whites playing in that racial black dominated Mountaineers Franchise
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Roche is playing club cricket in Australia.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

zimfan1 wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:14 am
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Roche is playing club cricket in Australia.
Seems an odd move for someone so young who played international cricket this year, do you know where he is playing?

Googly

Post by Googly »

The club games in Bulawayo were cancelled this last Sunday because there was a light drizzle on the Saturday, which did not appear to affect any of the pitches.
The fact is ZC pray for rain. I think they may have witchdoctors on the payroll. Every game not played is money they can pocket. The long term forecast for December is rain and more rain so it’s jubilation time at Head Office. I forecast Xmas bonuses for all administrators.