ECB eligibility criteria is now simpler. Consequences for Zim?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Flakeman

Re: ECB eligibility criteria is now simpler. Consequences for Zim?

Post by Flakeman »

What does this mean for club players going over? I’m assuming nothing

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya Flakeman I doubt it changes anything. They just wanted Archer.
Taps- you still need the citizenship to play for England.

I don’t think it changes much for County either? Maybe it lowers it to 3 years, but there’s no change in the literature that I can see. It still looks like 4 years if you get there before 18 and 7 if you get there after? But presumably if you had a passport then it would go down to 3 years.
These regulations written in lawyer speak are bloody infuriating. Why can’t they just use simple English?

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Fuckin’ poms
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Players should be allowed to play their first class cricket anywhere without it defining their international eligibility. Almost every other sport in the world has figured this out, why can't cricket?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

I don’t totally agree, their policies have really strengthened their game and their local player base. They’ve got some serious youngsters in their system now.
The Australians, Indians, West Indians, South Africans etc are way more guilty of being partisan than the Poms.

I think one or two foreigners per side is enough.

Partisan was a kind word.

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Won’t effect us at all and I’m agreeing with googly . Archer is a shit hot rare talent , he could be the difference at the World Cup , he chopped up the bbl when he played here . Consistently hitting speeds above 145kmh and extremely accurate ,plus is a suburb clean hitter of the pill. I have a feeling there will be a lot of sub continent players trying to get into the zim team in the future , seems to be a lot of love for ’babwe’ and the dream of international cricket is a lot higher than western players . Wanna play international cricket ? Zim is the doorway
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Andybligzz wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:44 pm
Won’t effect us at all and I’m agreeing with googly . Archer is a shit hot rare talent , he could be the difference at the World Cup , he chopped up the bbl when he played here . Consistently hitting speeds above 145kmh and extremely accurate ,plus is a suburb clean hitter of the pill. I have a feeling there will be a lot of sub continent players trying to get into the zim team in the future , seems to be a lot of love for ’babwe’ and the dream of international cricket is a lot higher than western players . Wanna play international cricket ? Zim is the doorway
Yes it might be a case of ‘be careful what you wish for’ we all dream of a time when Zimbabwe cricket is flush for cash and run like a well oiled machine, but if this were the case I think we’d find plenty of overseas talent rush to Zimbabwe to try and get a start. Could find ourselves with a Zimbabwe XI made totally of imports
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Andybligzz wrote:
So what happens when Zimbabwe unearth Andy Flower version 2?

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Googly wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:17 pm
I don’t totally agree, their policies have really strengthened their game and their local player base. They’ve got some serious youngsters in their system now.
The Australians, Indians, West Indians, South Africans etc are way more guilty of being partisan than the Poms.

I think one or two foreigners per side is enough.

Partisan was a kind word.
Whatever the reason, no one even comes close to poaching or having their national team made up of foreigners than England. It’s a long running joke. Around 2012 they had more imports than home grown talent?

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:18 am
Andybligzz wrote:
So what happens when Zimbabwe unearth Andy Flower version 2?
Once in a lifetime player , won’t ever be another like him. We all hail Taylor a god and he barely averages 35 at test level. The next best bat we have is raza who’s not even from zim . Don’t think we will see another flower sadly , times have changed and the whole setup is a joke.
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!