Taibu bounces back to play in Sri Lanka

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Taibu bounces back to play in Sri Lanka

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

tawac wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:59 pm
TapsC wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:52 am
He quits for religious reasons then pitches up playing in the UK. ZC offers to get him back and he doesnt take a playing role as he still has church work but he takes an admin role.

He falls out with ZC then suddenly he is playing FC cricket again because his son wants to see him play. Like he couldnt see him play club cricket in the UK.. So if his son says wants to see him play for his country again what would he tell him? That he has to start his religious work again?

Sounds like a hypocrite to me. Just like when he was encouraging the rising stars to boycott ZC yet when Andy Flower asked him to take a stand he refused.
Damn right the dude is a hypocrite. Seems to think the world revolves around him.
I think we always had a tendency to overrate Taibu because he was the best of a bad bunch during those forgettable years. In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king, so to have a guy averaging 30 when the rest were walking wickets averaging 15 we thought he was a gun.

Not to say he was a poor player, he was a really good wicket keeper and a solid batsman - but IMO peak Taibu would not make the team ahead of current day Taylor, Masakadza or Raza.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I disagree Cap

We never got to see the best years of Taibu because he retire well before he was 30, which are the peak years of a batsman.

His numbers were also down because he debuted as a 19 year old well before his batting was good enough.

Hard to judge how much his loss hurt Zimbabwe, who knows maybe his keeping skills may have lead to test victories against the Windies or Sri Lanka? Or maybe his batting skills might have seen Zimbabwe home in the CWCQ??

He have a a decent career length wise in comparison for a Zimbo but really it was cut well short.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

He was a good player. If he does well in Sri Lanka after such a long lay-off it will be a damned good effort and for sure he’s gotten off to a good start.
It’s quite an odd thing to do, I wonder if his family is with him? If money is the motivation I wouldn’t have thought a FC season in Sri Lanka pays that well and he would be better off pursuing a coaching career and probably has a bit to offer. I think there are a few more surprises in store for us, guys with a hotline to the Big G are not predictable :lol:
His book will probably do quite well, I’ll definitely be reading it.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

He has been quietly registering for t20 leagues too. BPL and PSL. He might be making a full comeback at this rate. Especially if Mukuhlani and co are voted out next year.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

Tibba in a wheelchair would be a better keeper than our current lot.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

If he made a comeback, he would probably walk straight back into the team. He'd displace Chakabva from the Test side. And Zhuwao and Chigumbura were in the last one day side so take your pick there.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:14 pm
If he made a comeback, he would probably walk straight back into the team. He'd displace Chakabva from the Test side. And Zhuwao and Chigumbura were in the last one day side so take your pick there.
All depends on Murray

He should be keeper batsman in all three formats
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Get him in the team!
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:30 am
brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:14 pm
All depends on Murray

He should be keeper batsman in all three formats
Yea I'll second this. From what I saw, with both the gloves and surprisingly with the bat, this kid has the minerals

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Taibu could replace Chigumbura in the team. Taibu is probably more useful with the ball.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes