Logan Cup 2018: R1: Eagles v Tuskers & Mountaineers v Rhinos

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Logan Cup 2018: R1: Eagles v Tuskers & Mountaineers v Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

The Robot wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:00 am
Eagles should have included Brendan Deaflock.. Quality allrounder
Absolutely, I'd buy a ticket and fly over to see Brendan Deaflock and Brandon Diplock sharing the new ball :shock:

jward

Post by jward »

TapsC wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:36 pm
Cant believe they didnt finish the game in Harare. It had stopped raining heavily in that area by 3pm. It was more of a flash storm but still overcast.
I agree. If I were an Eagles supporter I would be furious. After the main storm had passed over, it took them about an HOUR (for a guess) before they started mopping up the field, and there wasn't enough time left then to finish the job. I can only guess that the only excuse was that they could say it was still 'raining' during that hour, technically correct, but it was so light that we couldn't see it from inside, and when I finally went out in it to try to find out what was going on, I could literally have counted the tiny drops as they landed on me. There was no way that rain could have done any damage to anything if the covers had been removed and the mopping-up begun. I tried to speak to the match referee and the umpires to see why nothing was being done, but they were having a meeting with a couple of players and were not available. I think the Eagles management would have good cause to make an official complaint about how this was all handled - or not handled.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Googly wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:42 pm
I’d pay money to see Diplock get a few games with the new ball, ZC have really messed this guy’s career up, he’s a decent new ball bowler.
Coming from somebody who's seen him bowl from the side, he's got a yard when he bends his back. He's lost a lot of weight since his stint in the UK a couple of years ago, but I was really impressed with how much he naturally swung the new ball into the right hander. By his own admission he's lazy but boy's got talent. Hard hitting batter as well. No idea why he's not being picked for the Eagles side.