IPL auction hopes

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimdis

IPL auction hopes

Post by zimdis »

With the IPL auction just days away, which Zim players do you expect to get picked and for which team ?

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: IPL auction hopes

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I don't think anyone will get picked up.

Maybe there's a 50-1 chance BT gets picked up on the back of the twin centuries in Bangladesh.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Only person who might get picked up in my opinion is Sikandar Raza, being an all rounder he brings a lot of value to the franchise picking him. Brendan isn't exactly a T20 player, so I don't see him attracting much interest.

There is a second side to this though, I see England and Pakistan playing ODI Series in May, while Aus have also announced their players won't play the IPL in May. Now I see WI and BAN also playing against IRE in may... So that could mean, may be, some franchises showing interest in Brendan and Sean Williams. Just an outside chance though.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:48 pm
Only person who might get picked up in my opinion is Sikandar Raza, being an all rounder he brings a lot of value to the franchise picking him. Brendan isn't exactly a T20 player, so I don't see him attracting much interest.

There is a second side to this though, I see England and Pakistan playing ODI Series in May, while Aus have also announced their players won't play the IPL in May. Now I see WI and BAN also playing against IRE in may... So that could mean, may be, some franchises showing interest in Brendan and Sean Williams. Just an outside chance though.
No BAN players play in IPL, except Shakib and Mustafiz. And the BCB might prevent Fizz from playing in the IPL because he's gotten injured in every IPL so far. WC is coming up just a couple weeks later. But in reality, BD has very few T20 players good enough. Mushfiq and Riyad are probably the only ones, and even they aren't consistent in this format.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Yeah I can’t see anyone from Zimbabwe getting a deal, maybe if Raza has a a big tournament in the Mzansi league but he hasn’t had much of a chance.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:48 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:48 pm

No BAN players play in IPL, except Shakib and Mustafiz. And the BCB might prevent Fizz from playing in the IPL because he's gotten injured in every IPL so far. WC is coming up just a couple weeks later. But in reality, BD has very few T20 players good enough. Mushfiq and Riyad are probably the only ones, and even they aren't consistent in this format.
You are right, it surprises me that Tamin goes unpicked so often because he is one of the best LOI playets in the world, far better than unknown crap foriegn players that the franchises pick and who go on to fail miserably.

Infact players from the subcontinent are likely to do better in IPL than players from outside of subcontinent. Mushfiqur and Tamim are more than deserving. Indian public doesn't like Mushfiqur though, he has a bad image among indian public of being arrogant and anti-indian, could be a reason why franchises don't pick him.

zimdis

Post by zimdis »

With Zimbabwe players being available for the full duration of the tournament, I believe someone like Raza can substitute for Maxwell, someone like Mavuta can replace Adil Rashid and the likes in IPL.
Whether they get to play matches will be a tough call to make.

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

This IPL would'nt be so much power house as MP Elections 2019 is there, World Cup is there, even Virat send alarm signals for the indian strike bowlers taking part in the IPL.

Many star players going to pull out mainly due to World Cup

As per auction is concerned, Shimron Hetmyer, Nicholas Pooran, Oshane Thomas, Glenn Phillips, Joe Root, Sam Curran expected to get high bids.
Robo to rule :oops:

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:28 am

You are right, it surprises me that Tamin goes unpicked so often because he is one of the best LOI playets in the world, far better than unknown crap foriegn players that the franchises pick and who go on to fail miserably.

Infact players from the subcontinent are likely to do better in IPL than players from outside of subcontinent. Mushfiqur and Tamim are more than deserving. Indian public doesn't like Mushfiqur though, he has a bad image among indian public of being arrogant and anti-indian, could be a reason why franchises don't pick him.
Tamim, Mushy, and Riyad aren't the most consistent players in T20s and perhaps thats the reason. But you are right, they are certainly better than a good number of players in the IPL. But because only 4 foreign players can play in an XI, the BD boys may be surplus to demand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Andybligzz »

If Taylor was 24-27 and lost about 12 kgs and was keeping still on a consistent basis then he would be a chance . Now no way his t20 form is not anything special . Raza on the other hand I believe is a very good chance to be picked up , offers plenty with the bat and his spin would be more than useful . Could be a bargain for one of the struggling teams .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!