Pro 50 2018/19: R1: Eagles v Tuskers & Mountaineers v Rhinos

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Pro 50 2018/19: R1: Eagles v Tuskers & Mountaineers v Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:22 am
zimfan1 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:17 am
I think that is a bit hard. Some really exciting players with potential in Tsiga and Mashingwe who would be seen as potential national team players in the shorter formats,

I agree that Mutizwa and Innocent Kaia should probably be longer format players only at the moment.
Yeah, I meant the overall composition had too many guys not known for shorter formats. Agree with you - Tsiga and Mashinge must be the ones in the XI and Mutizwa and Innocent Kaia can focus on the longer format. Not sure if Kamunhukamwe is around. He would have been the perfect replacement for Innocent Kaia and Maruma / Hamilton would obviously come in for Mutizwa.

A Full season across formats at Mountaineers for Tsiga is very exciting indeed.
Kamunhukamwe is with the Eagles.

Tsiga is an interesting case. I remember when he first played for the Southern Rocks we were holding him up as a reason why they should be disbanded. But the Rising Stars tour was a godsend for him and he has taken his chance. He should be opening the batting for the Mountaineers in OD cricket like he did for the stars last year.

The biggest thing I look for in the domestic season is runs, too often we are following low scoring matches, so few batsman and making hundreds and if they can't do it in domestic cricket then what hope do they have when they make the step up to national level.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:29 am
The biggest thing I look for in the domestic season is runs, too often we are following low scoring matches, so few batsman and making hundreds and if they can't do it in domestic cricket then what hope do they have when they make the step up to national level.
+1.

By the way, did you see the rules for the point system this year for the Logan Cup?
*Team scores 300 runs = 1 point, and 1 point thereafter for every 100 runs scored (applies to both innings)

*Team bowls out another team= 1 point (Applies to both innings)

*Batsman scores 150 runs= 1 point
Clearly giving preference to bigger team totals and good batting performances. One might argue that it is unfair that not much rewards are there for the bowling feats, but bowlers have been having the upper hand in the overall team scores for many seasons now, so I don't think it is unfair to incentivize the aspect that needs improvement - i.e., batting.

Not sure what rules and regulations are there for the shorter formats though.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

If Kamunhukamwe is with the Eagles it’s simply mind blowing that he didn’t play last week !!!!

Who is making the calls there? Falling out with Burl, not picking Zhwai or Diplock and now not selecting Kamunhukamwe!!!

I know Stuey Matsinkenyeri is coaching them but is he making these selections ??
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

jaybro wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:15 am
If Kamunhukamwe is with the Eagles it’s simply mind blowing that he didn’t play last week !!!!

Who is making the calls there? Falling out with Burl, not picking Zhwai or Diplock and now not selecting Kamunhukamwe!!!

I know Stuey Matsinkenyeri is coaching them but is he making these selections ??
Zhwai is a full time journalist, not sure he can play in the 4 day games.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:16 am
jaybro wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:15 am

Zhwai is a full time journalist, not sure he can play in the 4 day games.
Fair enough
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

99 not out for Roy Kaia, worth a century to be fair, strange how one more run would have seen to be worth so much more. One would think that the Rhinos should chance this down with a batting lineup of Musakanda, Sibanda, PJ and Waller but we shall see.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Vusi bowled 7 overs and got a wicket? :o

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Would Tari be worth a shot opening in our next ODI series?

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I think Streak tried Tari uptop this year in the UAE but Mujeeb and Rashid got him out. He might be the solution although I think he is better in the middle order when the ball is a bit soft and there are a few gaps. His strike rotation is quite good.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

In theory Tari would be the perfect partner for Hami with his ability to rotate the strike and make use of the fielding restrictions--the part that worries me is the running.