Test Win versus Series Win

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Test Win versus Series Win

Post by TapsC »

Been thinking about the 2 major victories we have had over the last 18 months. What was better the test win or the Sri Lanka heist? Cant make my mind up. We were definitely playing better in Sri Lanka but the test victory was extremely difficult as well.

The test win edges it maybe for me because 1 shitty session can cost you the whole game. E.g. Bangladesh at 19-4 never recovered. At least for ODIs if you get bashed one day you can always sleep it off and start again. I dont know what you guys think.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Test Win versus Series Win

Post by jaybro »

Great question TapsC and really I can’t decide, the Sri Lanka series was great because it was an away series win against a top side they hadn’t beaten before but an away test victory is always very special.

I’d say the Sri Lanka series might just pip it because it was history making and I can’t ever remember Zimbabwe playing cricket with such purpose and confidence.

The Sri Lanka series was also a ‘false dawn’ for me, I thought it might have been the start of something special but despite a great tournament the Qualifiers ended on a very sour note.

The Teat win was the light at the end of the very dark tunnel that followed the UAE loss due to the sequence of events that followed.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Andybligzz »

The test win for me , can’t beat the longest and purest format and beating Bangladesh away from home . Watching that spell of Jarvis and Chatara was amazing to watch . Seeing the joy on the players face and watching PJ lift his game to a new level was simply memorable for me . Can’t argue with anyone for having different opinions as they are both huge feats in zim cricket .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I think the test win for me, especially given that Bangladesh at home are no easy-beats, many a top side have suffered heavy defeats there. The West Indies recent test performances there have been absolutely woeful.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Test victory is worth more. Overseas ODI win in SL was a massive breakthrough for us though.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

The Test win.

ODIs are quickly and easily forgotten these days.