2013 Review Of Cricket (Zimbabwe) By Sloandog

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: 2013 Review Of Cricket (Zimbabwe) By Sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Zimfanatic69 wrote:
sloandog wrote:
Zimfanatic69 wrote:I think Greg Strydom needs to lose alot of weight before he is back in the national team. He is too fat.
Hmm I'm not too sure. I speak to Greg regularly and he's said to me on more than one occasion that he's lost a lot of weight and has improved on both his bowling and batting technique. I reckon if Greg Strydom was given another chance he's thrive :D
I have not seen him for couple of years so maybe he has already put in the hard yards.
Ya I think he has :)
But Greg was somebody I never actually whatched in a match. What was he like ?? Anybody...
I've heard he could hit the ball very hard

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

sloandog wrote:
But Greg was somebody I never actually whatched in a match. What was he like ?? Anybody...
He came with the reputation of Craig Evans i would say but got out too quickly in few matches which i saw.
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) wrote:
sloandog wrote:
He came with the reputation of Craig Evans i would say but got out too quickly in few matches which i saw.
Ah right. Infact thinking about it i think I did see him bat against the West Indies in 2006. He was opening the batting with Terry Duffin and got caught at first slip, or maybe it was Piet Rinke. They both looked similar :lol:

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

sloandog wrote:
Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) wrote:
sloandog wrote:
Ah right. Infact thinking about it i think I did see him bat against the West Indies in 2006. He was opening the batting with Terry Duffin and got caught at first slip, or maybe it was Piet Rinke. They both looked similar :lol:
You are mistaking him with Rinke who flourished only against WI and Kenya :D
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

eugene

Post by eugene »

It's hard to believe it is almost four years since Piet Rinke played for Zimbabwe. Rinke's lusty blows at the top of the order were a sight to behold.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

shumbat

Post by shumbat »

eugene wrote:It's hard to believe it is almost four years since Piet Rinke played for Zimbabwe. Rinke's lusty blows at the top of the order were a sight to behold.
Any news about Piet Rinke, not considering Franchise cricket.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

eugene wrote:It's hard to believe it is almost four years since Piet Rinke played for Zimbabwe. Rinke's lusty blows at the top of the order were a sight to behold.
Ya but how unorthadox did it look mate...
At times I had to turn away it was that ugly. I think his dissmisal against Sri Lanka in the ICC Champions Trophy in 2006 backs up my point.
shumbat wrote:Any news about Piet Rinke, not considering Franchise cricket.
He's married now mate, And i believe has a child on the way. Doupt he'll consider giving Zimbabwe a chance till maybe next year. He would be a welcomed addition to our franchise system that's for sure

eugene

Post by eugene »

Piet Rinke opening the batting actually reminds me of a former New Zealand international Simon Doull who was a pace bowler. Occasionally he would open the batting domestically for Northern Districts and he was a sight to behold. I must see if i can find some videos of him batting. He would walk - not charge down the wicket and just try and hit most deliveries for six -it was hilarious.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Piet Rinke had some talent with the bat, but his footwork restricted him to what he could do.
I remember he hit a good, solid 72 against Canada where he bullied the attack. But Canda is hardly a tough side to play your shots agaisnt...

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Here's latest about Rinke: http://zimcricketforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 74&p=11386

He is a full time coach now according to that news bit.