Logan Cup 2018: R2: Eagles v Rhinos & (deferred) Tuskers v Mountaineers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Lee
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Logan Cup 2018: R2: Eagles v Rhinos & (deferred) Tuskers v Mountaineers

Post by Lee »

ngarava ripping up the eagles top order Too bad the players who we know won't make it at Int levl are doing pretty well domestically

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

jward wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:35 pm
Lee wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:44 am
Eagles batting really deep here . How good is Faraz to those who have seen him play?
Faraz looks very impressive at provincial level. He batted very well in his innings today, dominating the bowlers with good clean strokeplay. He bowls well, too, but I think his lack of real pace at present would count against him at international level. Very nice guy, too.
Where's he from? Is he a Zimbabwean or an import? Did he school there

Lee

Post by Lee »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:52 am
jward wrote:
Lee wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:44 am
Eagles batting really deep here . How good is Faraz to those who have seen him play?
Faraz looks very impressive at provincial level. He batted very well in his innings today, dominating the bowlers with good clean strokeplay. He bowls well, too, but I think his lack of real pace at present would count against him at international level. Very nice guy, too.
He's Zimbabwean I don't know on what grounds though

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Disappointing from the Rhinos bundled out for 86, Inninings win by the Eagles after a great all round batting display. When was the last time they achived such. Our domestic players just blow hot and cold. No one seems to really put in consistent performances to put pressure on the National team guys.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

This is definitely not how I thought this match would end up. Massive win for the Eagles.
Lee wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:16 am
sloandog wrote:
jward wrote:
Cricinfo says he was born in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia!

jward

Post by jward »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:29 pm
This is definitely not how I thought this match would end up. Massive win for the Eagles.
Lee wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:16 am
sloandog wrote:

Cricinfo says he was born in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia!
Yes, Faraz is the son of a Pakistani diplomat and was born in Jeddah when his father was serving in that country. His father was then posted to Zimbabwe and decided to retire here, so Faraz has lived in this country since the age of seven and learned all his formal cricket here.

jward

Post by jward »

tawac wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:33 am
Disappointing from the Rhinos bundled out for 86, Inninings win by the Eagles after a great all round batting display. When was the last time they achived such. Our domestic players just blow hot and cold. No one seems to really put in consistent performances to put pressure on the National team guys.
Yes, it was mainly Faraz's innings, helped by Garwe, that turned the game around, and the Rhinos just lost all spirit since then. So many experienced international players in their team, but they just lost the plot and nobody seemed to put up a real fight at all. There was a good chance of rain around and after midday (which actually never came), but they didn't show any interest in fighting it out, except perhaps Mayavo, who went too far with total defence for most of his innings and allowed the Eagles to contain him completely.

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Thanks for all the details as always, John.