PJ Moor vs Musakanda for Zim opening duties

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mueddie28

PJ Moor vs Musakanda for Zim opening duties

Post by Mueddie28 »

PJ Moor vs Musakanda for Zim opening duties , who is a better option...
Raza 5
Sean Williams -6
With Murray or Mavayo as the 7th spot player wk
Cremer-8
Mavuta -9
Mumba -10
Chatara- 11

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: PJ Moor vs Musakanda for Zim opening duties

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Moor - Test
Musakanda - ODI

Although Moor has done so well down the order in Tests I'd almost be loathe to move him.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Good topic from Muddie

I really like that Tari wants to open and is willing to do so to get into the national side, the majority of us on the forum would like to see other youngsters or players doing the same thing.

Personally I don’t see Tari’s best position being an opener but if he wants to have a crack good on him, still prefer him at 6 to counter attack in both ODI and Tests.

As for PJ Moor I think he definitely needs to consider opening in ODIs because coming in at 6 or 7 is t doing him any favours, he’s had some success opening scoring two of his three 50’s opening.

As for Tests PJ seems to really look comfortable batting at 6 but if Ervine rediscovers his form they’ll struggle to fit everyone in and someone may need to open, which may end up being PJ.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Nanctus

Post by Nanctus »

Musakanda has got to be opening with Masakadza in the next ODI series in my opinion. He is one of the only young guys to come into the team and really own his position. He has shown several times that he is not only competitive, but dangerous, at the top level. Even though he hasn't hit a big century, he just looks comfortable when he's batting at 3 in ODIs and, more often that not, batting at 3 for Zimbabwe turns into basically opening.

I would rather see someone other than them partner Masakadza in tests, preferably Mawoyo but he seems to be focussed on commentary right now, so maybe Ryan Burl. I think Burl HAS to be in the test team because the format not only comes natural to him, but he was one of the only batsman who could show some resistance against South Africa in that test.

A lot of this is going of my memory, but overall I guess I agree with BRM and Jaybro in most ways. I'm just glad, really, that there are young guys showing that they can make the step up to that level.

Googly

Post by Googly »

There’s clearly an issue with Burl and ZC, I’m hoping it gets resolved because we do t want to lose this guy, such a talented batsman and he just continues to warm the bench at best.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Googly wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:41 am
There’s clearly an issue with Burl and ZC, I’m hoping it gets resolved because we do t want to lose this guy, such a talented batsman and he just continues to warm the bench at best.
He should be opening the batting in ODI cricket, not arsed what peoeple think. All this talk about PJ and Tari opening, I think they're best suited in the middle order. Burly probbaly has the best technique amongst the current crop and needs to be given an opportunity.

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:21 am
Googly wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:41 am
He should be opening the batting in ODI cricket, not arsed what peoeple think. All this talk about PJ and Tari opening, I think they're best suited in the middle order. Burly probbaly has the best technique amongst the current crop and needs to be given an opportunity.
Agreed , he should be somewhere in both formats , at least ahead of Chigumbura, Chibabha . He can play and needs a run at it . Odis he would be suited to 3 and to open in tests would be my viewing . Once he gets confidence he will click I’m sure of it , seems to be on the outer a lot which is very worrying . He’s not good enough to be poached by another nation and probaly not good enough to play county so we need to develope ASAP .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!