Cremer quits (temporarily?)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Cremer quits (temporarily?)

Post by Googly »

Tweets state that Cremer has left with his family for Dubai where his wife will fly for Emirates and he will temporarily look after the kids.
What a huge loss for our cricket yet again. Mavuta is miles off being an adequate replacement.
I don’t think Dubai is a great place to raise children, especially if you want them to play sport.
It highlights Air Zimbabwe’s collapse and the “don’t give a rat’s arse” attitude of ZC.
Merna will probably be on 8k a month, which probably means they were earning considerably less than that between the two of them in Zim.
Forget ZIm cricket being a sinking ship, the whole country is in absolute free fall and there’s no obvious solution to any of the numerous calamities that have befallen us.
Chinese colonization may be the only answer.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Cremer quits (temporarily?)

Post by jaybro »

I don’t understand the ‘temporarily’ part? Like how long is he out for ? Zimbabwe don’t play again until March so I guess he’s not playing against India? What about the Ireland tour?

As always with ZC no clarity at all
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Yeh saw this on Facebook and Twitter , for god sakes why must it be so hard to follow this team. I respect he is trying to do best for his family but his loss , if permanent will be seriously felt . His bowling the last few seasons had been absolutely sensational . Anyway I wish him the best not only for him but his family , seems like zim is getting worse and worse . Really sad
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Nanctus

Post by Nanctus »

I was really hoping this was an old thread that had been revived for some reason... where to from here for Zimbabwe? I am no where near as confident for the T20 qualifiers without him.

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Nanctus wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:16 pm
I was really hoping this was an old thread that had been revived for some reason... where to from here for Zimbabwe? I am no where near as confident for the T20 qualifiers without him.
Same shit , different year.
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Terrible news.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Very sad indeed. Cremer will be badly missed.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I am very curious to know what kind of contract Cremer was on. I highly doubt these guys are being paid in bond instead of USD considering that the ICC gives ZC USD. Also heard that an administrator had gotten into trouble for converting domestic allowances into bond from USD. So for me everything points to them getting paid USD. They should 100% strike if thats not the case.

I think he might just be upset at the way he was treated after the qualifiers. Its almost like he lost his love for the game. Think about it. The biggest sign of this for me was when despite being injured during the qualifiers he only decided to get his surgery immediately after the player strike was over meaning he missed the rest of the year.4 months later. During the strike the likes of BT were actually seen at domestic games. He was nowhere to be found. He has probably only played like 2 games since the qualifiers.

I think ZC also didnt give him a NOC for the CPL during the strike. That must have also pissed him off. They need to talk it out. I dont think we have lost him forever. ZC just needs to show some love for once. He does have a young family.

Sidenote: what kind of shitty contracts does ZC have where somebody can just quit halfway with no penalties? They need a new lawyer.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:45 pm
Tweets state that Cremer has left with his family for Dubai where his wife will fly for Emirates and he will temporarily look after the kids.
What a huge loss for our cricket yet again. Mavuta is miles off being an adequate replacement.
I don’t think Dubai is a great place to raise children, especially if you want them to play sport.
It highlights Air Zimbabwe’s collapse and the “don’t give a rat’s arse” attitude of ZC.
Merna will probably be on 8k a month, which probably means they were earning considerably less than that between the two of them in Zim.
Forget ZIm cricket being a sinking ship, the whole country is in absolute free fall and there’s no obvious solution to any of the numerous calamities that have befallen us.
Chinese colonization may be the only answer.
I would imagine Emirates would pay a lot more than 8k a month, even if she's hired as just a first officer. Remember it ain't cheap to live in Dubai.

Just looked it up. Captains get 16K USD tax free. I bet a FO would get around 10K.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Sad this but its now almost a common thing at ZC. Its all about who is next to hit the exit door. I like the tweet comment by Sean Bell. He is a worldclass players we can still pick him for tours. Cant we? Its very interesting though, Cremer hasn't been playing much cricket at all. You would imagine if he was available he would get picked in the MSL, BBL or PSL. Perhaps this decision is entirely personal and has nothing to do with ZC.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'