Logan Cup Round 4 (Tuskers v Eagles & Mountaineers v Rhinos)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Logan Cup Round 4 (Tuskers v Eagles & Mountaineers v Rhinos)

Post by Googly »

The real crime is that these boys/men dedicate years to making themselves good players and if they even play one game for Zim they’re captured and are now pawns.
That message has been received loud and clear by white players initially but a few black guys have fallen victim as well. Honestly where’s the incentive for any player to spend hours a week in the nets if they’re going to be mistreated and discarded? On the one hand Zim is the easiest side to make as an above average player, but there are so few games, and there’s no guarantee of payment or of ZC honouring any contractual obligations.
People in general are treated so badly here that we all suffer from Stockholm syndrome to some degree. We get tossed a bone and we fall on it with pitiful gratitude and hope that this is the start of good things to come, and it never is. Young guys like Madhevere and Muyeye will never commit to a career here. It’s a mess.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Andybligzz wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:36 am
sloandog wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:23 am
Burl has hardly played any cricket in 9 months.
What's going on? He's played 3 list A games from May 18' and a couple of T20's against the aussies.
Get ready to say goodbye to him , to good of a player not to be playing . Wouldn’t be surprised if he moves away from zim for good .
It's bullshit mate. In a land no longer blessed with natural batting talent we've let slip an exciting left hander. This guy can seriously play and he's being treated like shit; he's getting the Diplock treatment.

SpitfiresKent

Post by SpitfiresKent »

For me, Burl needs to open the batting for ZIm in both Test and ODI's.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

SpitfiresKent wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:58 am
For me, Burl needs to open the batting for ZIm in both Test and ODI's.
Needs a FC side before he can do that, mate

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Does anybody know what the real issue is concerning Burl? What is going on? I just hope they are not make his life difficult because of the strike last year.

I feared there would be backlash 1 day. Especially after Williams said he was put on 3 months notice or something like that. Im sure he wasnt the only person they were trying to screw over. So sad. August needs to come sooner rather than later and there needs to be a plan to challenge the guys in charge.

Im in the dark over his exact issue.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:21 pm
Does anybody know what the real issue is concerning Burl? What is going on? I just hope they are not make his life difficult because of the strike last year.

I feared there would be backlash 1 day. Especially after Williams said he was put on 3 months notice or something like that. Im sure he wasnt the only person they were trying to screw over. So sad. August needs to come sooner rather than later and there needs to be a plan to challenge the guys in charge.

Im in the dark over his exact issue.
Burl was set to play for the Tuskers but Vinny Moyo vetoed the selection. No reason which has left Burl miffed. He is still very much avaliable.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

I keep hearing about "August"...whats going on in August? Are we talking about August 2019???

For all anyone knows it might even be some person like August Chibabha, a new sports minister.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

For all anyone knows it might even be some person like August Chibabha, a new sports minister.

I found this far too amusing

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:21 pm
Did Burl go on strike??

He played the first few t20's against Australia & Pakistan
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:09 pm
I keep hearing about "August"...whats going on in August? Are we talking about August 2019???

Board elections
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement