Logan Cup Round 6 (Eagles v Mountaineers & Tuskers v Rhinos)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Logan Cup Round 6 (Eagles v Mountaineers & Tuskers v Rhinos)

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Last round for Eagles and Rhinos. Mountaineers and Tuskers have to still play the postponed fixture later (hopefully).

Eagles on 26 points, Mountaineers on 25 and Rhinos on 24. Rhinos could maximize their points against the hapless Tuskers. This round could decide the direction in which the silverware is headed.

Eagles v Mountaineers: http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8794 ... up-2018-19

Rhinos v Tuskers: http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8794 ... up-2018-19

totoro

Re: Logan Cup Round 6 (Eagles v Mountaineers & Tuskers v Rhinos)

Post by totoro »

Hamilton back, but out already. :(

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Still no Burl sadly
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Looks like this is the end of the road for Mawoyo as a player. Hasn't managed anything of note despite playing multiple matches this season. Definitely a brighter future awaits in other aspects of the game...

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

If PJ Moor goes on in this innings he'll top the run charts for the season, obviously the Tuskers and Goats have a game in hand so either Maruma, Chari or Ervine could catch him.

Tiripano again topping the wickets list
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Have the pitches eased out and become more batsmen friendly as the season progressed or have the batsmen gotten better with every match they have played?

Maruma has come into the scheme of things and has taken off like a rocket, compared to others.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Great effort from Maruma seems he has been working on his game. It would have been interesting see have he was going to do if only we had more games. But he has done enough to get back in the picture.

Masvaure is one player who I wish was more consistent. He seems really sorted to the long format.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

PJ, Timcen, Prince....good work fellas. I don't have any preference on players anymore. If a batter is scoring runs, and a bowler is taking wickets, I'll have them in my national side any day. We're no longer in a position to be choosing players of personal preference, we need guys who can produce the goods.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:50 pm
PJ, Timcen, Prince....good work fellas. I don't have any preference on players anymore. If a batter is scoring runs, and a bowler is taking wickets, I'll have them in my national side any day. We're no longer in a position to be choosing players of personal preference, we need guys who can produce the goods.
But unfortunately the attacks are so weak the innings are worthless. These performances don’t indicate a whole lot. Cephas dominates. BT caliber players does not even bother. dominates. Playing Logan Cup is like the fat kid who hit puberty at 12 years old running over little kids to score try after try.
Put that fat kid witch stubble on his chin in front of proper Athletee and he gets found out 2 seconds flat.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:50 pm
Seems we don't have much of a choice just have to go with the form players. Chigumbura/Chibhabha back bowling and picking a few wickets guess the jury still remains on those two fellas.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'