Peter Moor appointed as Vice Captain

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Peter Moor appointed as Vice Captain

Post by Black Mamba »

Dilip Chouhan has been appointed as the Zimbabwe men's national cricket teams manager. He will be in charge of Zimbabwe, Zimbabwe A and Zimbabwe Under-19 national teams.Meanwhile, Peter Moor's rise as a batsman especially during the last Test series against Bangladesh has seen him being appointed as the vice-captain.

Hamilton Masakadza has been retained as Zimbabwe's skipper across all three formats for the upcoming season which also includes the 2019 World Cup. The Board of Directors of Zimbabwe Cricket, in its latest meeting, came up with important decisions regarding the incumbency of various posts in the board with immediate effect.
The Masakadza-led side drew a Test series against Bangladesh and the Zimbabwe Cricket Board has decided to back him. It is noteworthy though that Masakadza is yet to taste victory as a skipper in the ODIs despite leading the side on 20 occasions.

Walter Chawaguta, Prosper Utseya and Kenyon Ziehl have been confirmed as substantive members of the Zimbabwe National Selection Panel. Chawaguta continues as the convener of selectors.

https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/106 ... ss-formats

Mr Twig

Re: Peter Moor appointed as Vice Captain

Post by Mr Twig »

Congrats PJ

2019 World Cup?

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Mr Twig wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:06 pm
Congrats PJ

2019 World Cup?
Yea that's exactly what I was thinking to be honest.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Hamilton as captain :o

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Can’t say I’m really that crash hot on either selection considering neither play has played well in the ODI format for over 12 months (Moor never really has).

Your C & VC really need to be in every XI otherwise it looks bad and causes a media storm if they get dropped, mich like it did in Australia when Mitch Marsh was made vc and got dropped.

The obvious choice was either BT or Raza, those two are Zimbabwe’s best players and they’ll always play every game, the board is still obviously not totally over their issues with the strike players.

Jarvis may have even been a good choice.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

I don't want to read too much into the "new appointments". The last time they appointed Hamilton as skipper "across all formats for the whole season", he was sacked after 3 games into the captaincy, in just one format, within a month. So, anything can happen at any time with ZC.

Chawaguta, Utseya and Zeihl as selectors. Does that fill anyone with any confidence given their track records in the same role before? Rainsford's continued non-selection is one thing that comes to mind, where Chawaguta was the coach and Zeihl was the convener if I remember correctly.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:41 am
I don't want to read too much into the "new appointments". The last time they appointed Hamilton as skipper "across all formats for the whole season", he was sacked after 3 games into the captaincy, in just one format, within a month. So, anything can happen at any time with ZC.

Chawaguta, Utseya and Zeihl as selectors. Does that fill anyone with any confidence given their track records in the same role before? Rainsford's continued non-selection is one thing that comes to mind, where Chawaguta was the coach and Zeihl was the convener if I remember correctly.
I am confused is they a Zimbabwe Cricket Manager & also a Zimbabwe Cricket Coach

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

They probably appointed an official vice captain because Hami wont play every single game. At 36 he will start struggling soon. Good way to ease PJ into the captaincy. He is a natural leader. I hope it improves his game.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Any other side and Hammy would have been dropped two years ago. Zim makes him captain. Could not be a more regressive decision.m

Anyone know anything about Chouhan? Does that mean Rachpot is out?

As for the selectors, don't know much about Ziehl to make judgement, but Chawaguta and Utseya are terrible choices. Whenever you think change is going to happen, things either go sideways or backwards. Can expect to see picks based on favouritism.

kudet

Post by kudet »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:53 am
Any other side and Hammy would have been dropped two years ago. Zim makes him captain. Could not be a more regressive decision.m

Anyone know anything about Chouhan? Does that mean Rachpot is out?

As for the selectors, don't know much about Ziehl to make judgement, but Chawaguta and Utseya are terrible choices. Whenever you think change is going to happen, things either go sideways or backwards. Can expect to see picks based on favouritism.
rajput is very much in the mix, chouhan will be in charge of logistics within the team.. more like a liason officer or so.. usw . as for the selectors, never been a fan of chawaz, i am still struggling to come to terms as to how he survived the chop after the qualifiers.. but well we will see