Zim still a shock chance for the World Cup at the expense of Ind / Pak?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zim still a shock chance for the World Cup at the expense of Ind / Pak?

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimlover wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:36 am
The latest updates seem to highlight that a war is already started with Indian airforce striking in Pakistani soil and vice versa.

If they both continue in this path they might not play each other in the World Cup or one might withdraw from the Tournament.

Also they both have nuclear capabilities.

They could wipe each other out with Nukes
Would be interesting if India wiped Pakistan off the map. Would they get the land, if usable? Or will it be given to someone else to expand?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Neither Pakistan nor India will want to wipe the other one out. It suits the politicians interests to have a big enemy over the border - it helps distract their own people from how they are mismanaging everything.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Their World Cup will have blockbuster numbers if they play it.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:53 pm
Neither Pakistan nor India will want to wipe the other one out. It suits the politicians interests to have a big enemy over the border - it helps distract their own people from how they are mismanaging everything.
Nuclear arms preclude the possibility of either side launching a massive assault against the other.

As it stands now, both sides have shot down a fighter, and PAK apparently has custody of 1 pilot as a POW. Its a very precarious situation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Stoneman Returns »

what about ICC throwing away both India & Pakistan out of the World Cup and including Zimbabwe & Scotland :D
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Stoneman Returns wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:37 am
what about ICC throwing away both India & Pakistan out of the World Cup and including Zimbabwe & Scotland :D
Well I will definitely be calling out for work for the June 16 India v PAK game...only non BD game I'll be calling off for.

That is unless my buddy and I decide to just go to England...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

The funniest thing about this, if there is a funny thing, is seeing Indians on twitter losing their shit over everything. They believe they are better than everyone else and asking for the right thing to be done, but India have one of the most arrogant teams around even if we take Kohli out of it, and their coach has a history as well.

They also carry on like their countries are some amazing places and their armies are supergods who should be worshipped. They portray them as these Avenger like heroes, when in actual fact its one shit fight that does not need to happen.

Googly

Post by Googly »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:16 pm
Their World Cup will have blockbuster numbers if they play it.
The umpires would need to be double checking those chest guards. :lol:
It’s not funny though, whilst one would hope cool heads don’t go near the nuclear option there’s going to be unnecessary loss of life and hardship. It cooks my brain that someone would strap a bomb to themselves and believe there’s a special spot for them. There’s no compromising with a religious fanatic, I’ve always wondered why people don’t ask the basic questions about their religions and learn a healthy dose of skepticism.
Our leaders mostly do the church thing, makes me wonder what they say to their imaginary boss on Sundays.
The world is so fucked it’s time for the Big G, whoever and wherever he is to make an appearance.